Problem removing the disable/enable macros message when a doc opens
Author Message
 Problem removing the disable/enable macros message when a doc opens

Despite removing all trace of macros and code from a word document, the
message warning about the document containing macros/customisations still
displays.  We are not allowed to disable the message using  tools options;
why is this message still appearing even though we have removed all trace of
code?

I would be very grateful for your help!

Paul.

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem removing the disable/enable macros message when a doc opens

Try Q238851 at
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/8/51.asp.  It offers
two methods, one that gets rid of the "offending" macro component that
remains, and one that copies all contents to a new document/template.

Quote:
> Despite removing all trace of macros and code from a word document, the
> message warning about the document containing macros/customisations still
> displays.  We are not allowed to disable the message using  tools options;
> why is this message still appearing even though we have removed all trace
of
> code?

> I would be very grateful for your help!

> Paul.

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem removing the disable/enable macros message when a doc opens
Whoop -- there's also a third method mentioned:  saving to .RTF format.

Quote:
> Try Q238851 at
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q238/8/51.asp.  It offers
> two methods, one that gets rid of the "offending" macro component that
> remains, and one that copies all contents to a new document/template.

> > Despite removing all trace of macros and code from a word document, the
> > message warning about the document containing macros/customisations
still
> > displays.  We are not allowed to disable the message using  tools
options;
> > why is this message still appearing even though we have removed all
trace
> of
> > code?

> > I would be very grateful for your help!

> > Paul.

Sat, 10 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Removing the [ENABLE MACROS] [DISABLE MACROS] popup window

2. disable the enable/disable macro message

3. disabling the DISABLE/ENABLE macros menu on opening spreadsheet

4. 'Enable / Disable' macro message

5. Enable disable macros Msgbox

6. Disabled / Enabled Macro

7. Excel 2000 enable/disable macros

8. How to turn off Enable/Disable Macro Prompt...

9. Macros are disabled and can't re-enable

10. Enable/Disable Macros in VB

11. How can i suppress Enable/Disable Macros in program using VB

12. Annoying security Macros Enable/Disable when starting Outlook