How do I open a COM port
Author Message
 How do I open a COM port

Can anyone tell me how I open a COM Port ?
I need to download data from a handheld device via the com port.
This involves setting the Baud rate and other Com settings.

Thanks in advance

Graham Dudfield

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I open a COM port
Hi,

Use MSComm32.OCX, from VB, or XMComm, from Richard Grier at
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/richard_grier/xmcommVB.htm

Hoping it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP.

Quote:
> Can anyone tell me how I open a COM Port ?
> I need to download data from a handheld device via the com port.
> This involves setting the Baud rate and other Com settings.

> Thanks in advance

> Graham Dudfield

Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Finding COM Ports - Mouse dies when VB talks to its COM Port

2. Get Open Local Ports (what ports are open)

3. Get Open Local Ports (what ports are open)

4. OPEN a COM port

5. How to open a com port in qbasic

6. how to open 2 COM ports at the same time

7. How do I open a COM Port ?

8. Open COM Port under .NET?

9. how to open 2 COM ports at a time

10. opening two com ports at the same time

11. VB4 Standard: Need to open COM port

12. Opening a COM port.