debug.pring (should I remove again?)
Author Message
 debug.pring (should I remove again?)

After finding a {*filter*} bug in my app I don't need the debug
info anymore IMO. My question is if I should remove all the
debug.print lines (or comment out) in my code (cause
of performance) or shall I simply leave 'em.

If the performance loss due  to debug.print lines is
almost nothing I consider leaving those lines.

How do others do? Leaving debug.print or not?

Thanks
/Raymond

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:16:03 GMT
 debug.pring (should I remove again?)
Debug.Print will cause significant speed loss.
It's worth either commenting them out or removing them.

To comment them all out at once, Edit | Replace in all modules.
Replace "Debug.Print " with "'Debug.Print ".

BTW, you can do the same to enable/disable error handling app-
wide. Replace "On Error Goto " with "'On Error Goto ". You may
find that easier than using a boolean variable in every place
to indicate whether you're in debug mode (and it's probably the
only option you have if you're called in to fix someone else's
app.)

Quote:

--
Perth, Western Australia
Tips for MS Access users at:

Sun, 02 Nov 2003 16:01:46 GMT

1. Visual Basic 5 debugging thing again

2. Removing Decimals Again

3. FlexGrid Newbie Again: Removing Items?

4. Problem with Attachment.remove: different behavior when debugging?

5. Debug.Pring --> ???

6. VBA on again off again

7. Printer object again and again

8. Again and Again, Bold text in a Listview

9. Attachments.remove is not removing attachment

10. Remove Datasource (remove all merge info)

11. Removing entries from Add/Remove list in control panel

12. **** H E L P - Disk Full message (again, and again, and again).....