VB COM Add-In for MS Project
Author Message
 VB COM Add-In for MS Project

Hi - not quite sure which group to post this in, so please excuse the
intrusion if I got the group wrong.

I've been creating some COM Add-Ins for Office and was asked to extend these
into Project and Visio.  I've started on Project as I only have standard
Visio at the moment and that doesn't support COM Add-Ins.  Thing is, I can't
for the life of me find out how to create a COM Add-In for Project.

For the Office apps I just used the Designer that comes with the Office Dev.
Kit; so does anyone know how to create a COM Add-In for Project or can
anyone point me in the right direction?  (Yes, I searched the MSDN and other
sources - do you know how many hits you get for "COM ADD IN PROJECT"?!!?)
If it's something simple (like a Project Dev. Kit) - I think I'll just start
crying now.

Thanks in advance.

--
Jason Irwin
In the land of confusion.....

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:06:13 GMT
 VB COM Add-In for MS Project
Start crying.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/pr2ksdk/html/ProjectAddIn.asp

On the MSDN tree look under /office solutions development/Microsoft Project
for the rest of the SDK documentation.

There is a template to download to get you started too.

--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently.

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++

Quote:
> Hi - not quite sure which group to post this in, so please excuse the
> intrusion if I got the group wrong.

> I've been creating some COM Add-Ins for Office and was asked to extend
these
> into Project and Visio.  I've started on Project as I only have standard
> Visio at the moment and that doesn't support COM Add-Ins.  Thing is, I
can't
> for the life of me find out how to create a COM Add-In for Project.

> For the Office apps I just used the Designer that comes with the Office
Dev.
> Kit; so does anyone know how to create a COM Add-In for Project or can
> anyone point me in the right direction?  (Yes, I searched the MSDN and
other
> sources - do you know how many hits you get for "COM ADD IN PROJECT"?!!?)
> If it's something simple (like a Project Dev. Kit) - I think I'll just
start
> crying now.

> Thanks in advance.

> --
> Jason Irwin
> In the land of confusion.....
> e-Mail: jasonirwin[at]mail[dot]com

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:29:57 GMT
 VB COM Add-In for MS Project

Quote:
> Start crying.

*Waah!*

Thanks.

J.

Sat, 07 Feb 2004 21:46:41 GMT

1. VB COM Add-In for MS Project

2. After adding tasks outside of MS Project, saving in MS Project deletes them

3. MS Project Com addin error

4. MS Scripting Control to Add controls to VB project at runtime

5. Writing a COM-add in for MS Office in VB .NET

6. MS Project 98 vs Ms Project 2000

7. ASP.NET update task in MS Project Server and MS Project

8. Conversion from MS project 95 to MS project 2000

9. Taking an MS C++ project and writing a VB project featuring a UDP listener

10. I am using the Compare MS Project COM Program and having issues

11. ?MS Project COM Template Won't Compile?

12. Outlook Project Conversion to COM AddIn