Temp Table
Author Message
 Temp Table

Hi
Please can someone give me valid syntax to create a temporary table, the
following code works but it does not like the TEMPORARY clause ...

    Dim dbs As Database
    Set dbs = CurrentDb

' Create a table with two text fields.

    dbs.Execute "CREATE [TEMPORARY] TABLE mytable (myfield) Long);"

Thanks

Simon

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 00:02:33 GMT
 Temp Table

Quote:

> Please can someone give me valid syntax to create a temporary table, the
> following code works but it does not like the TEMPORARY clause ...

Access doesn't support any such keywords.  A temp table is temp only by
definition (under DAO), it will exist just like any other Jet table, and
you'll be able to use it both from the UI or code. In ADPs, you can force a
temp table to be created in tempdb if I'm not mistaken.

  -- Dev

Sun, 07 Dec 2003 01:06:19 GMT

1. Locale temp tables in ADP

2. Deleting a temp table upon closing a report.

3. Disappearing SQL Server Temp Tables when ActiveX DLL

4. Getting data from #TEMP table using ADO

5. SQL Server & Temp tables

6. How do I Create Temp Tables

7. How can I copy an SQL selection to an empty temp table

8. help w/ ODBC Informix temp table problem

9. Informix Temp Table Problem

10. Disappearing SQL Server Temp Tables when ActiveX DLL

11. Question on Data Enviromnent and USP Temp Table

12. How to create temp table?