How to merge 2 documents into 1
Author Message
 How to merge 2 documents into 1

We use a manufacturing software that we print our
purchase orders with. They are printed on special pre
printed forms. What I am trying to do is set up a form
that has information from the P.O. that will always stay
the same, like our company name and address, and the
other fields like purchase order, date, qty, etc. Then be
able to overlay the information that would have been
printed on the P.O. so we can e-mail these instead of
printing them and then having to fax them. Thanks in
advance for any help you can give me.

                          Brian Paff

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 02:51:14 GMT
 How to merge 2 documents into 1
Hi Brian,

Please Fill Out This Form
Part 1: Create professional looking forms in Word
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Part 2: Adding Automation to your Word forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46

Part 3: Learn more VBA (macros) to automate your forms.
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119

Part 4: Use custom dialog boxes in your Word forms
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=127

Part 5: Connect your AutoForm to a database to save input time and keep
better records!
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=136

Please respond to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may be
interested.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> We use a manufacturing software that we print our
> purchase orders with. They are printed on special pre
> printed forms. What I am trying to do is set up a form
> that has information from the P.O. that will always stay
> the same, like our company name and address, and the
> other fields like purchase order, date, qty, etc. Then be
> able to overlay the information that would have been
> printed on the P.O. so we can e-mail these instead of
> printing them and then having to fax them. Thanks in
> advance for any help you can give me.

>                           Brian Paff

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 19:39:17 GMT
 How to merge 2 documents into 1
Please Brian do not mutlipost (or crosspost... can someone tell me the exact
terminolgy for this. I always manage somehow to get it wrong. I've just
spent 15 minutes writing an answer to you in another NG word.docmanagement I
think). Now, if Doug's reply is satisfying to you, this means that you
probably won't check your other post... this means I have just wasted my
time trying to help someone... which is, I am sure you will agree,
frustrating to say the least.

Next time, include all the NG names in the NG field before sending your
post. This way all replies will be seen in all NGs, and nobody wastes
anytime... (including you... trying to remember all the groups to which you
have posted).

Jean-Guy Marcil

Quote:
> We use a manufacturing software that we print our
> purchase orders with. They are printed on special pre
> printed forms. What I am trying to do is set up a form
> that has information from the P.O. that will always stay
> the same, like our company name and address, and the
> other fields like purchase order, date, qty, etc. Then be
> able to overlay the information that would have been
> printed on the P.O. so we can e-mail these instead of
> printing them and then having to fax them. Thanks in
> advance for any help you can give me.

>                           Brian Paff

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 23:39:43 GMT

1. e-mail from Access via does not send merged Word document

2. Handling/merging multiple documents in Word 97

3. Help! Merge multiple documents with code

4. Finding Mail Merge Data Documents

5. How to merge two documents ?

6. (Q211727) Mail merge document restored to normal document - Word 2000

7. Opening Merge Document tries to remerge the document

8. Merging a word97 document from Access form

9. Merging Documents

10. merging data from a secured Access database into a Word document

11. Mail Merge to a pre-existing word document via a macro

12. Merge SQL data into Word document