CompactDatabase Method
Author Message
 CompactDatabase Method

Hi All.

How can i compact the CURRENT Database. The Docmd.CompactDatabase woeks only
when the one to compact is not the current Database.

Have any idea ???

Many Thanks for answering,

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CompactDatabase Method
Hi,

  Basically, you can't.  Not within the same Access session if the
compacting code is in the current database.  Look under the modules section
of my website for two alternatives, a VB5 utility or an Access 97 database
that you can shell out to for compacting.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish    (Just my $.001)
----

:Hi All.
:
:How can i compact the CURRENT Database. The Docmd.CompactDatabase woeks
only
:when the one to compact is not the current Database.
:
:Have any idea ???
:
:Many Thanks for answering,
:

:
:
:

Fri, 27 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CompactDatabase Method
Most likely the compact is needed on the data tables.
If you have split your data tables into a separate linked db, you can
compact the linked data db from within your main program if you first set
the recordsource for any open forms (and the RowSource for any unbound Combo
boxes) to "".
Then reset the recordsources on completion of the compact  and requery.
HTH
Bob Darlington

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 CompactDatabase Method
You can't.  You need to issue the CompactDatabase Method from another
application that supports VBA, like Access or Visual Basic.

Steve

Quote:

>How can i compact the CURRENT Database. The Docmd.CompactDatabase woeks
only
>when the one to compact is not the current Database.

>Have any idea ???

Sat, 28 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compactdatabase method?

2. using JRO compactdatabase method to repair corrupt access 2000 database

3. CompactDatabase Method

4. CompactDatabase method?

5. Compactdatabase method

6. CompactDatabase Method in VB4

7. CompactDatabase method

8. Problem with JetEngine.CompactDatabase Method

9. CompactDatabase method

10. CompactDatabase method?

11. CompactDatabase Method Error 3196

12. CompactDatabase Method question