Updating header as bitmaps
Author Message
 Updating header as bitmaps

We need a way of inserting a bitmap. Which is located on the network
into a word document.

But I do not want the bitmap to be "Inserted" into the document.

As if this file was opened and the network bitmap was unavailable it
would not display it. In other words

                |       HEADER pointing to f:\logo\header.bmp

Dear Bill gates.....

The reason I want to do this is 2 fold.

1) If the bitmap changes (which it does quite often) any old or new
documents will pick up the new header.

2) Having the bitmap in the file makes the file larger. Which requires
more disk space.

If anyone can suggest how best this can be done. Maybe with code or
weblinks this would be greate

Kind Regards to all at MSNEWS

Sat, 25 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Updating header as bitmaps
Hi Angela,

You can do this by going Insert|Picture|From File and:

- Check the box "Link to file"
- Uncheck the box "Save with document"
- Select the picture to insert and press "Insert"

This inserts an "IncludePicture" field in the document with a reference to
the picture file and does not save the picture with the document. To see
this field, after you insert the picture, press Alt-F9. To see the picture
again, press Alt-F9 again.

--
Hope this helps.

Please post any replies to the **newsgroup** so that others in the newsgroup
may contribute or benefit.

| We need a way of inserting a bitmap. Which is located on the network
| into a word document.
|
| But I do not want the bitmap to be "Inserted" into the document.
|
| As if this file was opened and the network bitmap was unavailable it
| would not display it. In other words
|

| --------------------------------------------------------------------
| |
| | HEADER pointing to f:\logo\header.bmp
| |
| ----------------------------------------------------
|
| Dear Bill gates.....

| The reason I want to do this is 2 fold.
|
| 1) If the bitmap changes (which it does quite often) any old or new
| documents will pick up the new header.
|
| 2) Having the bitmap in the file makes the file larger. Which requires
| more disk space.
|

| If anyone can suggest how best this can be done. Maybe with code or
| weblinks this would be greate
|
| Kind Regards to all at MSNEWS

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. BitMaps in ListView Header

2. Listview Header Bitmaps

3. Display Bitmaps in Sub Items and column Headers of List View During Report View

4. BitMaps in ListView Header

5. BitMaps in ListView Header

6. Update a Header Field in a Protected Document

7. VBA Code for Selecting Header and Updating Fields Codes

8. How to update fields in a footer (header) ?

9. Updating Bookmarks in header

10. Updating fields in Headers/Footers

11. TITLE field won't update in header table

12. DOCPROPERTY in header wont update