New at DAO
Author Message
 New at DAO

Hello,

i am very new at DAO and i'm trying to open a dummy table. To do this i
wrote the following:
    Dim dbDataBase As Database
    Dim dtDummyTab As Recordset

    Set dbDataBase = CurrentDb()
    Set dtDummyTab = dbDataBase.OpenRecordset("tblDummy", dbOpenTable)

in tools/references i activated the dao 3.6 object library. When i run the
form in which i call the above procedure, i get a type mismatch error.
Unfortunately, there is no help available for this kind of error.
Can anyone help me in telling where i made a mistake?

Thanks!

Rogier

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 03:20:04 GMT
 New at DAO
I'm sorry but i already found the answer:

You most likely have a problem with the references in your project - New
databases in Access 2000/2002 by default do not have a reference to the DAO
Library, you have to set it yourself and either move it ahead of the ADO
library or remove the ADO library entirely. Check this article for more
details and info on how to fix the problem:

http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0031.htm

--
Sandra Daigle
[Microsoft Access MVP]

Quote:
> Hello,

> i am very new at DAO and i'm trying to open a dummy table. To do this i
> wrote the following:
>     Dim dbDataBase As Database
>     Dim dtDummyTab As Recordset

>     Set dbDataBase = CurrentDb()
>     Set dtDummyTab = dbDataBase.OpenRecordset("tblDummy", dbOpenTable)

> in tools/references i activated the dao 3.6 object library. When i run the
> form in which i call the above procedure, i get a type mismatch error.
> Unfortunately, there is no help available for this kind of error.
> Can anyone help me in telling where i made a mistake?

> Thanks!

> Rogier

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 03:26:38 GMT

1. New Install DAO problems

2. New Jet/DAO patches!

3. new in DAO

4. Using DAO 3.5 to Make a New Table from an Exisiting Table

5. Using DAO to create new Excel worksheet - Type property lost

6. DAO in comparison to newer data access methods

7. New DAO

8. How to start a new DAO project in VB 6.0

9. Indexing a new field with DAO

10. Creating new field using VB5/DAO 3.5

11. Updating and Add new records with DAO

12. Creating new field using VB5/DAO 3.5