Specification name
Author Message
 Specification name

My question is the use of a Specification Name to export a
table to a csv file.  I have created a specification name
called CaminusSpec1.  If I use the specification name the
header are not include in the csv file.  If I do not use a
specification name headers are included.  But the a “ is
included to identify the text fields.  I do not want to
include the text identifier “ but I would like to include
headers. Is this possible?

DoCmd.TransferText
acExportDelim, "CaminusSpec1", "tblScaledResult24Caminus",
"C:\\MyExport\CaminusSpec1.txt", True
    DoCmd.TransferText
acExportDelim, , "tblScaledResult24Caminus", "C:\\MyExport\
Caminus.txt", True

Jerry J. Sims

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 04:47:55 GMT
 Specification name

Quote:

>  If I use the specification name the
> header are not include in the csv file.  If I do not use a
> specification name headers are included.  But the a “ is
> included to identify the text fields.

Don't know about the &#8220 problem, but for the header row, but try going
to page 2 of hte Export wizard, selecting "Include field names on first
row" and then click Advanced to re-save your export spec.

While you're there, double-check the spec settings to see where the &#8220
is getting set.

 -- Dev

Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:08:54 GMT

1. Changing "Specification Name" in TransferText method in Access 97

2. Changing "Specification Name" in TransferText method in Access 97

3. Copy Import/Export Specifications

4. schema.ini specifications

5. ACC2000: DLookup() specifications

6. import file specifications

7. Recordset returns one of two specifications (?)

8. user specification

9. Standard form for database specifications

10. Manipulating import/export specifications in code

11. Importing toolbars and file specifications-How?

12. Exporting text w/o a specification