"Keep updated copy" of task 
Author Message
 "Keep updated copy" of task

Hullo,
     Creating tasks programmatically, via an Access User form, and I'm
finding that whoever creates the task is getting a copy of the task in
their own Inbox.  I believe this to be linked to the flagged option
"Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list" from within Outlook.
Anyone know how to turn off this option thru VBA?  I've looked at
StatusUpdateRecipients but this is a readonly property.  I want to make
sure that when the user assigns a task to someone via the Access form,
only the recipient (assignee) gets the task in their Inbox.
Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
Cheers!
Andrew wright

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.



Fri, 20 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Keep updated copy" of task
There does not appear to be an Outlook property associated with that
control. (Easy to check with the PropertyChange event.) Outlook is using
some internal code to handle that.

The Help topic indicates that the StatusUpdateRecipients are the Cc items
from the Recipients collection. You might try looping through Recipients and
removing all Ccs.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of
  "Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours"
  "Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide"

Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

Quote:

> Hullo,
>      Creating tasks programmatically, via an Access User form, and I'm
> finding that whoever creates the task is getting a copy of the task in
> their own Inbox.  I believe this to be linked to the flagged option
> "Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list" from within Outlook.
> Anyone know how to turn off this option thru VBA?  I've looked at
> StatusUpdateRecipients but this is a readonly property.  I want to make
> sure that when the user assigns a task to someone via the Access form,
> only the recipient (assignee) gets the task in their Inbox.
> Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
> Cheers!
> Andrew wright

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.



Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Keep updated copy" of task
Sue,
     Thanks for your input.  But since this is an object type
OlTaskItem, I thought that it didn't have a CC property?  And
furthermore, when I stick in a bit of code to count recipients, it
counts only 1.  So why the heck is Outlook sending the task to both the
recipient and the original sender?  I'm quite frustrated....heh
thanks much, tho!
-Andrew



Quote:
> There does not appear to be an Outlook property associated with that
> control. (Easy to check with the PropertyChange event.) Outlook is
using
> some internal code to handle that.

> The Help topic indicates that the StatusUpdateRecipients are the Cc
items
> from the Recipients collection. You might try looping through
Recipients and
> removing all Ccs.
> --
> Sue Mosher
> Author of
> "Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours"
> "Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide"

> Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com




- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> > Hullo,
> > Creating tasks programmatically, via an Access User form, and I'm
> > finding that whoever creates the task is getting a copy of the task
in
> > their own Inbox. I believe this to be linked to the flagged option
> > "Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list" from within
Outlook.
> > Anyone know how to turn off this option thru VBA? I've looked at
> > StatusUpdateRecipients but this is a readonly property. I want to
make
> > sure that when the user assigns a task to someone via the Access
form,
> > only the recipient (assignee) gets the task in their Inbox.
> > Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
> > Cheers!
> > Andrew wright

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.


Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 "Keep updated copy" of task
It does not have a Cc property, but it does have a Recipients collection
used to store information about the status recipients. Check it out in the
Object Browser and Help file.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of
  "Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours"
  "Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide"

Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com

Quote:

> Sue,
>      Thanks for your input.  But since this is an object type
> OlTaskItem, I thought that it didn't have a CC property?  And
> furthermore, when I stick in a bit of code to count recipients, it
> counts only 1.  So why the heck is Outlook sending the task to both the
> recipient and the original sender?  I'm quite frustrated....heh
> thanks much, tho!
> -Andrew



> > There does not appear to be an Outlook property associated with that
> > control. (Easy to check with the PropertyChange event.) Outlook is
> using
> > some internal code to handle that.

> > The Help topic indicates that the StatusUpdateRecipients are the Cc
> items
> > from the Recipients collection. You might try looping through
> Recipients and
> > removing all Ccs.
> > --
> > Sue Mosher
> > Author of
> > "Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours"
> > "Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide"

> > Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com



> > > Hullo,
> > > Creating tasks programmatically, via an Access User form, and I'm
> > > finding that whoever creates the task is getting a copy of the task
> in
> > > their own Inbox. I believe this to be linked to the flagged option
> > > "Keep an updated copy of this task on my task list" from within
> Outlook.
> > > Anyone know how to turn off this option thru VBA? I've looked at
> > > StatusUpdateRecipients but this is a readonly property. I want to
> make
> > > sure that when the user assigns a task to someone via the Access
> form,
> > > only the recipient (assignee) gets the task in their Inbox.
> > > Any thoughts would be most appreciated.



Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Keep updated copy of this task on my task list

2. Task "Keep updated..." and "Send me a status..." fields

3. outlook task assign & keep updated copy problem

4. Keeping a component object variable "live"

5. ADO Connection object "Keep alive"

6. Crystal Reports "keep together"

7. Keep app "in front of another"?

8. "Keep Together"

9. Keep a form "on-top"

10. Keeping programs "on top"

11. Keeping programs "on top"

12. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software