locking Custom Document Properties and Bookmarks
Author Message
 locking Custom Document Properties and Bookmarks

Can Any one help me around in locking Custom Document
Properties and Bookmarks ?
I have to lock some Custom Document Properties and
Bookmarks from a
VisualBasic application so that nobody can edit or remove
these from Word.
Thanks a lot
Francesco

Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:51:20 GMT
 locking Custom Document Properties and Bookmarks
Hi Francesco,

If you use DocVariables, instead of DocProperties, the only way a user can
delete them is via code.

The only way to stop someone deleting a bookmark is to protect the document.

Tell us more about your application and we might be able to suggest a
workaround.

Please post any response to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may
also be following the thread.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> Can Any one help me around in locking Custom Document
> Properties and Bookmarks ?
> I have to lock some Custom Document Properties and
> Bookmarks from a
> VisualBasic application so that nobody can edit or remove
> these from Word.
> Thanks a lot
> Francesco

Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:33:40 GMT
 locking Custom Document Properties and Bookmarks
Hi Doug,
thanks for your answer.
What do you mean with DocVariables ?
What are they?
The CustomDocumentProperties property of a Word Document
object return a
Collection of DocumentProperty and so I can use them. I
have tried to find
DocVariabile in Msdn but I didn't work out. Can you help
me ?
Thanks a lot
Francesco

Quote:

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:39:49 GMT
 locking Custom Document Properties and Bookmarks
Hi Doug ,

using the dsofile.dll I can read the custom document
properties without opene the document.Does it exist
something to read the variables of a document without
opening it ??
Tanks
Francesco

If you use DocVariables, instead of DocProperties, the
only way a user can
delete them is via code.

Quote:

Fri, 26 Mar 2004 19:10:35 GMT
 locking Custom Document Properties and Bookmarks
Hi Francesco,

Here is the text from the Visual Basic help file on the subject of
variables:

Variables Property

Returns a Variables collection that represents the variables stored in the
specified document. Read-only.
For information about returning a single member of a collection, see
Returning an Object from a Collection.

Example

This example adds a document variable named "Value1" to the active document.
The example then retrieves the value from the Value1 variable, adds 3 to the
value, and displays the results.

ActiveDocument.Variables.Add Name:="Value1", Value:="1"
MsgBox ActiveDocument.Variables("Value1") + 3

This example displays the name and value of each document variable in the
active document.

For Each myVar In ActiveDocument.Variables
    MsgBox "Name =" & myVar.Name & vbCr & "Value = " & myVar.Value
Next myVar

Please post any response to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may
also be following the thread.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> Hi Doug,
> thanks for your answer.
> What do you mean with DocVariables ?
> What are they?
> The CustomDocumentProperties property of a Word Document
> object return a
> Collection of DocumentProperty and so I can use them. I
> have tried to find
> DocVariabile in Msdn but I didn't work out. Can you help
> me ?
> Thanks a lot
> Francesco

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:33:09 GMT
 locking Custom Document Properties and Bookmarks
Hi Doug,
thanks for your answer.
My problem is that I have to read these informations
without opening the file. With the Custom Document
Properties using the dsofile.dll I can read them without
openenig the document.
Do you know if exists something similar to the dsofile.dll
made to read Document Variable without openenig the
document ?
Francesco
Quote:

Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:44:04 GMT

1. Accessing Office Custom Document Properties from Closed Documents/Workbooks

2. Custom DB properties and Document Properties (A97)

3. Headers&Footers: Custom Doc Property or Bookmark?

4. Putting bookmark text in document properties field

5. Need custom document properties from MDB in R/O directory using DAO

6. MS/Access.adp access to Custom Document Properties

7. File Custom Properties and Document Contents

8. Custom Properties - without opening a Word document??

9. Testing whether a custom document property aleady exists

10. Custom Document Properties limited to size?

11. Custom Document Properties

12. Deleting Custom Document Properties