Getting a SHELL to Close
Author Message
 Getting a SHELL to Close

I want to launch a shell to run PKZIP to pack a file. The shell works fine,
but the DOS window fails to Close.  Is there a trick to this.  I would
preferably no even see the DOS window at all.

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting a SHELL to Close

Use Command /c in your command line, this tells command.com to close the
shell when the command has finished and use vbHide as the 2nd parameter of
the shell command

so something like

    Call Shell("command.com /c pkzip Some.Zip File1.txt",vbHide)

Quote:

>I want to launch a shell to run PKZIP to pack a file. The shell works fine,
>but the DOS window fails to Close.  Is there a trick to this.  I would
>preferably no even see the DOS window at all.

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Shell script - closing shell screen

2. closing the Yes/No window when closing a Shelled Window

3. Close a DOS Shell Out

4. Run App with Shell and close it

5. detecting close of a shelled dos program in vb5

6. How to close program opened with shell function?

7. detecting close of a shelled dos program in vb5

8. Closing a DOS Shell

9. Launch, then close a SHELL'd app?

10. wait and close shell program automatically...

11. Close the call to Shell?

12. wait for Shell to close.