Dealing with numbers
Author Message
 Dealing with numbers

I am trying to run an append query which among other fields coming from
table(s) have a field that is just a double. When using english locale
everything is ok and query looks like INSERT into table1 (F1,F2,F3) select
T2.F1, 15.475 as Number, T2.F2 from T2. But if I am using Russian locale the
number (15.475) is converting into 15,475 and Jet starts to treat it as 2
separate fields. Thus I am getting error "Source and destination fields
number is not equal". Does anybody know how to deal with this?

Regards,
Alex

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:14:05 GMT
 Dealing with numbers
Alex

Think this may have something to do with the regional options settings
in Control Panel.  On the Regional Settings, Numbers tab there are
options for digit grouping symbol and decimal separator.  If this is the
problem and is not appropriate to change them in either locale you could
fudge a solution in the Russian locale by preceding the append query
with an update query that divides the problem number by 1000?!?

HTH

Jean

Quote:
I am trying to run an append query which among other fields coming from
table(s) have a field that is just a double. When using english locale
everything is ok and query looks like INSERT into table1 (F1,F2,F3)
select
T2.F1, 15.475 as Number, T2.F2 from T2. But if I am using Russian locale
the
number (15.475) is converting into 15,475 and Jet starts to treat it as
2
separate fields. Thus I am getting error "Source and destination fields
number is not equal". Does anybody know how to deal with this?

Regards,
Alex

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 23:22:18 GMT

1. Explination of how ADODB deals with a large number of records

2. How to preserve accuracy dealing with very large numbers?

3. Dealing with Null Dates in an Append Query

4. newbie dealing with recordsets

5. RecordLocks, and how to deal with it

6. GREAT DEALS AND OFFERS

7. Missing References - transparent way to deal with these??

8. Problem dealing with null value

9. Dealing with Irish names

10. Dealing with field searches

11. How to deal with Windows LARGE Fonts?

12. Email Open Deals list to Reps?