simple OLE problem - making Outlook appear
Author Message
 simple OLE problem - making Outlook appear

Hi,

I've worked with controlling Outlook 98 from VB 6.0 using OLE automation but
Outlook 98 has always been open.  I now need to open Outlook 98 from VB and
I know I'm missing ONE line of code somewhere on how to do this.  I have a
half dozen ole automation/vba books but I can't seem to find out how to OPEN
Outlook 98 and make it visible.  I know I'm opening it with the CreateObject
command but it runs in the background. I tried using "outlook1.visible =
true" (with outlook1 declared as an object, etc.) but after I declare
outlook1 as an object and then create it as an outlook application and set
another variable to a mapi session Outlook still runs in the background and
doesn't appear.  Anyone have any ideas as to what I'm missing?

If you can send any response to my personal email address below besides
posting it to this newsgroup it would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help!

Sincerely,

Andrew Jones

Sun, 27 Jul 2003 09:37:28 GMT

1. Q: Simple NS-Navigator OLE-problem

2. making colon appear in time field on form

3. Making the bulb appear in the Office Assistant

4. Word 97: Automatically Making the Previous Month Appear???

5. Making picture attachments appear in recipient window

6. Making a form appear on front

7. What makes toolbar automatically appear?

8. making a header only appear on 1st page

9. Making text and fields appear as necessary?

10. Help making my application appear in the taskbar

11. Making Form appear on top of others.

12. Making forms appear separate in app