Compact back-end front-end
Author Message
 Compact back-end front-end

I have a front end database that has attached tables in a back-end database.
When I send the database out to the operator I have told him the directories
to unzip the two databases to. Is there code to perform the reattachment of
tables cleanly. I will also require the databases to be repaired and
compacted occasionally. The databases are secured and I do not want the
operator to have admin access to perform the tasks mentioned above therefore
I want a button on the screen that performs these actions (i.e. reattachment
of tables, repair of database and compaction of database). Is there any code
out there available to stop me from reinventing the wheel.

TIA
Stephen Yale

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Compact back-end front-end

Stephen,

Quote:
> Is there code to perform the reattachment of tables cleanly.

Look at solutions.mdb for sample code

Quote:
>I will also require the databases to be repaired and compacted

occasionally.
you can either create a shortcut for this, e.g. msaccess.exe <yourfile>.mdb
/compact
or create a small database to perform this task, look at compactdatabase
method in online help.

--
Best regards,
___________

Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/5091/
Moscow MS Access User Group
http://www.arimsoft.ru/msaccess

Quote:
> I have a front end database that has attached tables in a back-end
database.
> When I send the database out to the operator I have told him the
directories
> to unzip the two databases to. Is there code to perform the reattachment
of
> tables cleanly. I will also require the databases to be repaired and
> compacted occasionally. The databases are secured and I do not want the
> operator to have admin access to perform the tasks mentioned above
therefore
> I want a button on the screen that performs these actions (i.e.
reattachment
> of tables, repair of database and compaction of database). Is there any
code
> out there available to stop me from reinventing the wheel.

> TIA
> Stephen Yale

Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compact the back-end data from the front-end

2. A2k: Controlling a back-end MDB from its FRONT-end MDB

3. A2K Updating Back End with new fields from Front End

4. Corrupted back end corrputs all front ends!

5. Splitting db in front end and back end

6. Trying to Create a communicator for VB.net Front End and SQL 2000 back end

7. VB Front end dll loses connection to back end SQL server db after an hour

8. Front-End & Back-End

9. Packaging a VB front end/Access back end application

10. Access Back End, VB Front End -- Why?

11. Access Back End, VB Front End -- Why?

12. App Security - front-end or back-end?