Assign Value to Enterprise Project Field
Author Message
 Assign Value to Enterprise Project Field

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to assign a value to an Enterprise Project field
via VBA?  I can't seem to find the correct objects.

For instance if I want to assign 500 to the Enterprise Project Cost1
field, what would be the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance!

Mon, 30 May 2005 04:08:37 GMT
 Assign Value to Enterprise Project Field
In case anyone is curious, I found a way around this.

Since I couldn't find a way to access the Enterprise Project codes
objects, I found that I was able to create a view with a table that
contains all of the Enterprise Project level codes.  Once this was
created, I was able to have the macro open up that view, make sure
that the summary level task is available, select the Enterprise
Project field column that I'm interested in, and then insert the value
into that field for the summary level task (task 0).

Quite a cumbersome work around, but it works!

If anyone still has a better solution, I would still be very curious
to hear about it!

Thanks.

Tue, 31 May 2005 00:06:39 GMT
 Assign Value to Enterprise Project Field
Wouldn't something like:

ActiveProject.Tasks(0).EnterpriseText1 = "whatever value you want"

work well enough for you?

--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently.

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++

Quote:
> In case anyone is curious, I found a way around this.

> Since I couldn't find a way to access the Enterprise Project codes
> objects, I found that I was able to create a view with a table that
> contains all of the Enterprise Project level codes.  Once this was
> created, I was able to have the macro open up that view, make sure
> that the summary level task is available, select the Enterprise
> Project field column that I'm interested in, and then insert the value
> into that field for the summary level task (task 0).

> Quite a cumbersome work around, but it works!

> If anyone still has a better solution, I would still be very curious
> to hear about it!

> Thanks.

Tue, 31 May 2005 02:11:46 GMT

1. How to get enterprise project field values ???

2. Project Enterprise Custom Fields - Project 2002

3. Set Enterprise PROJECT Level value

4. Custom Enterprise Project Fields

5. Set Enterprise Project Fields

6. ACCESSING ENTERPRISE PROJECT CUSTOM fIELDS

7. Setting project-scope enterprise fields

8. Newbie - assigning calculated value to table field

9. Assigning Rank and Points based on a field value

10. Assigning new values to fields

11. Assign a string value to an enum field

12. Assign the null value to DB2 fields.