Can I access current email message from within email message 
Author Message
 Can I access current email message from within email message

Is it possible to write some code that can be emailed as an attachment
that would then be able to access that email message using the Outlook
object model or some other means. If so, what would be the best way to
approach this without too many gyrations?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce



Sat, 28 May 2005 09:59:43 GMT  
 Can I access current email message from within email message
That would be a major security risk if the attachment could
automatically execute itself.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
Extended Reminders
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm


Quote:
> Is it possible to write some code that can be emailed as an
attachment
> that would then be able to access that email message using the
Outlook
> object model or some other means. If so, what would be the best way
to
> approach this without too many gyrations?

> Thanks in advance,
> Bruce



Sun, 29 May 2005 22:06:54 GMT  
 Can I access current email message from within email message
I realize the security problem. I'm not looking for it to happen
automatically. What I envision is basically a "button" being placed in
an email message that also contains a number of attachments, that
would then be able to execute an operation on the attachments (e.g.
extract and show).

I realize one problem is that the method of extracting the attachments
can vary based on the email client.

Also, it must be rather small, so as not to add too much overhead to
the message.

Thanks again,
Bruce


Quote:
>That would be a major security risk if the attachment could
>automatically execute itself.

>--
>Ken Slovak
>[MVP - Outlook]
>http://www.slovaktech.com
>Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
>Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
>Attachment Options
>http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
>Extended Reminders
>http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm



>> Is it possible to write some code that can be emailed as an
>attachment
>> that would then be able to access that email message using the
>Outlook
>> object model or some other means. If so, what would be the best way
>to
>> approach this without too many gyrations?

>> Thanks in advance,
>> Bruce



Mon, 30 May 2005 01:40:58 GMT  
 Can I access current email message from within email message
From within Outlook all you can do with an attachment is to save it to
the file system. If it's an executable file you could then use
something like WSH to run the saved executable.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
http://www.slovaktech.com
Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
Lead Author, Beginning VB 6 Application Development, Wrox Press
Attachment Options
http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm
Extended Reminders
http://www.slovaktech.com/extendedreminders.htm


Quote:
> I realize the security problem. I'm not looking for it to happen
> automatically. What I envision is basically a "button" being placed
in
> an email message that also contains a number of attachments, that
> would then be able to execute an operation on the attachments (e.g.
> extract and show).

> I realize one problem is that the method of extracting the
attachments
> can vary based on the email client.

> Also, it must be rather small, so as not to add too much overhead to
> the message.

> Thanks again,
> Bruce



Tue, 31 May 2005 06:06:27 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Changing font of text within email message

2. get to message properties of certain email message

3. Messaging Services and their use (not email messaging)

4. Sending an email message from Access 97

5. Failure to access email messages

6. Code to extract a formatted message body of an email into an access Database

7. Accessing and inserting headers in an email message with VBA

8. email addresses from ACCESS 97; custom message

9. Sending Email Message from Access 97

10. email message options

11. Ceate Email in code message (using MAPI?)

12. Message to SteveT re Send Email code

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software