Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2
Author Message
 Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2

I need to convert Access 97 database into Access 2 using DAO (no OLE
automation, as there's no Access 2 on user's machine is expected). The
database contains only 2 tables, no other objects. How will I do that?

Vadim

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2
I will assume that the users machine has the data required to populate the
tables
you could distribute an empty database created with access 2.0 then use code
in your access 97 application. to export the required tables to the empty
database.
if the process will be repeated you can use code to copy the 2.0 database
using a new filename then export the tables. alowing you to create several
2.0 files from the one original.
Quote:

>I need to convert Access 97 database into Access 2 using DAO (no OLE
>automation, as there's no Access 2 on user's machine is expected). The
>database contains only 2 tables, no other objects. How will I do that?

>Vadim

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2
try to make an empty A2 database and run Select * Into NewTable In
'A2.mdb'....

Quote:
> I need to convert Access 97 database into Access 2 using DAO (no OLE
> automation, as there's no Access 2 on user's machine is expected). The
> database contains only 2 tables, no other objects. How will I do that?

> Vadim

Sat, 01 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2
Hi

We were having problem in converting data from Access 97 to Access 2000.
There used to be an error of corrupt Visual Basic file.

So we ran 97 and 2000 on the same system separately. Removed all Visual
basic Codes and copied them elses where. Then converted from 97 to 2000. No
problem faced. then we pasted the Visual Basic Codes on the 2000 wherever
they were missing. Now it is working OK. For your information.

--
nazar hayat

http://www.geocities.com/soho/lofts/8723
Tel: (9221) 5673477/5673768

Quote:
> I need to convert Access 97 database into Access 2 using DAO (no OLE
> automation, as there's no Access 2 on user's machine is expected). The
> database contains only 2 tables, no other objects. How will I do that?

> Vadim

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Converting Access 97 Database to Access 2
Hi

We were having problem in converting data from Access 97 to Access 2000.
There used to be an error of corrupt visual basic file.

So we ran 97 and 2000 on the same system separately. Removed all Visual
basic Codes and copied them elses where. Then converted from 97 to 2000. No
problem faced. then we pasted the Visual Basic Codes on the 2000 wherever
they were missing. Now it is working OK. For your information.

--
nazar hayat

http://www.geocities.com/soho/lofts/8723
Tel: (9221) 5673477/5673768

Quote:
> I will assume that the users machine has the data required to populate the
> tables
> you could distribute an empty database created with access 2.0 then use
code
> in your access 97 application. to export the required tables to the empty
> database.
> if the process will be repeated you can use code to copy the 2.0 database
> using a new filename then export the tables. alowing you to create several
> 2.0 files from the one original.

> >I need to convert Access 97 database into Access 2 using DAO (no OLE
> >automation, as there's no Access 2 on user's machine is expected). The
> >database contains only 2 tables, no other objects. How will I do that?

> >Vadim

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using VBA to Convert Access 2000 database to Access 97

2. Convert Access 2.0 database into Access 97

3. Converting Access 7.0 to Access 97 Database?

4. Opening/Converting Access 97 database with Access 2000: ERRORS!

5. convert Access 2 in Access 95 and Access 97

6. convert programatically an access 97 database to 2000

7. Converting Access 97 database to VB 5.0

8. VB app slower after converting database from Access 97 to 2000

9. Converting VB Code from Access 97 to Access 2002 or higher

10. Access 97 to Access 200 converting Error Code Handling

11. Procedures for Converting an Access 97 MDB to Access 2002

12. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6