Responding to Menu items and Toolbar buttons
Author Message
 Responding to Menu items and Toolbar buttons

Hello

This may not be the correct newsgroup since it's not really VBA-related.

I'm controlling Visio (2000) from Java using COM. (Not an AddOn)
How do I respond when a user chooses a Menuitem from
my dynamic custom menus. I can call an AddOn or set the CmdNum
to call one of Visio predefined commands.

Is there a way to instead generate an event that I can catch with my
sink-object in Java or something similar.

Greetings
   /Henrik

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:51:00 GMT
 Responding to Menu items and Toolbar buttons

Henrik:

A couple of alternatives:

1. Define an Automation interface for your Java app and call that from
Visio. RUNADDON or menuitem can call this by placing VBA code into the
ADDON menu item property (like RUNADDON).  Document's VBA project will
need a Reference to your Automation library (even that can be added by
your program via VBE object model).

2. Have menu item VBA trigger a Document or Page cell, and have your
Java app hook the event from that cell-change.

Graham

Quote:

> Hello

> This may not be the correct newsgroup since it's not really VBA-related.

> I'm controlling Visio (2000) from Java using COM. (Not an AddOn)
> How do I respond when a user chooses a Menuitem from
> my dynamic custom menus. I can call an AddOn or set the CmdNum
> to call one of Visio predefined commands.

> Is there a way to instead generate an event that I can catch with my
> sink-object in Java or something similar.

> Greetings
>    /Henrik

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Graham Wideman
MS MVP for Visio
Book: Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com
Unoffical Visio FAQ:
http://www.diagramantics.com/diagenvs/visio/faq/index.htm

(Remove the obvious to email me)

Wed, 26 Feb 2003 01:34:43 GMT

1. Simulating toolbar button click through menu item?

2. Methods for linking menu items and toolbar buttons?

3. How to insert images in the dropdown toolbar button menu items in VB.

4. Modifying/responding to menu items in other apps

5. Adding and responding to menu items in non-vb apps

6. Control Keys vs Menu and Toolbar items

7. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

8. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

9. Adding a button tothe toolbar on task item

10. Active/Inactive toolbar buttons/menu commands

11. Transparent images in toolbar button/menu ?

12. Click-Event for runtime-built Toolbar Button Dropdown Menu