Why Does Everything become #Name?
Author Message
 Why Does Everything become #Name?

Hi There,

I am using a Linked table which links to Oracle 8.1.5 in Access 2000.
The phenomena is that when I cancel a replace all action of Find & Replace
dialog box, the datasheet became only one record with everything is #Name.
Why is that?

Any thought to this will be appreciated.

Haibin

Fri, 18 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Why Does Everything become #Name?
HZ,

I found a similar "feature."  If I add a new record in a Oracle linked
table, it shows #Deleted.  But if I close the table and reopen it, it is
still there.  I think the problem lies in the ODBC drivers somewhere.

--
Neb

Quote:
> Hi There,

> I am using a Linked table which links to Oracle 8.1.5 in Access 2000.
> The phenomena is that when I cancel a replace all action of Find & Replace
> dialog box, the datasheet became only one record with everything is #Name.
> Why is that?

> Any thought to this will be appreciated.

> Haibin

Sat, 19 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Why Does Everything become #Name?

Quote:

>I am using a Linked table which links to Oracle 8.1.5 in Access 2000.
>The phenomena is that when I cancel a replace all action of Find & Replace
>dialog box, the datasheet became only one record with everything is #Name.
>Why is that?

Just guessing, really far out actually, but it appears that Access
requires a primary key or a datetimestamp field on each table.
There's a Knowledge Base article on this topic.

Tony
----
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm
   VolStar http://www.volstar.com Manage hundreds or
thousands of volunteers for special events.

Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Project Properties Dialog: Why is Everything UN-enabled?

2. Why database becomes low speed

3. Why system clock become late?

4. Tell me Why the usercontrol become DEAD after placed a Data control

5. Why our Access2000 Database becomes so fragmented ?

6. Why our Access2000 Database becomes so fragmented ?

7. why why why why

8. Why why why why?

9. Why Why Why

10. Why is attachment name in 8.3 format

11. Why does VB.NET complain about MID as a function name

12. Why ADO.NET is named like this ?