XP Word/Excel Problem
Author Message
 XP Word/Excel Problem

Sometimes when I save a document and exit word/excel XP,
the word system does not close properly.  Then it
automatically reopens and attempts to recover the
document.  This happens with random files.  Then it
prompts me to notify Microsoft.

Does anyone know why this may be happening ?

Daniel O'Connor

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 05:28:48 GMT
 XP Word/Excel Problem
I do not have this problem with Excel but Word does this
to me all the time. For example, if I am working directly
in a .dot file and the Format | Styles window is
displayed, I *always* get the "We're sorry but we must
crash now" message followed by the Notify Microsoft
prompt. If I close the Styles window first, the error
doesn't appear.

The only thing I can figure is it is a "feature" of Word.
If you are experiencing this in what appears to be a
random fashion, it might be the same kind of phenonemon.
However I would make sure you dont have junk temp files
out there, that the file you are working with doesnt have
buggy or problematic code running on Document.Close, and
that kind of thing.

I am not directly answering your question but I wanted to
throw the possibility out there that Microsoft itself is
the problem.

Quote:

Sun, 28 Nov 2004 05:49:38 GMT

1. Automating Excel XP from Word XP

2. Compatibility Problem Using MS Excel 97 VBA on Excel 2000/XP - Causes crashes

3. XP word & excel very slow

4. Word XP and Access XP

5. Excel XP Problem

6. Problems with opening named-range in Excel XP

7. Problem opening text file from VBA in Word XP

8. Office XP Service Patch Problems in Word

9. Macro Problem in Word XP

10. Problems with Word 97 Macro in XP

11. Problems in Word XP with Macro Created in 97

12. ole object field problem with word XP