Word Mail merge field TO MS Access???
Author Message
 Word Mail merge field TO MS Access???

I would like to create a form in Word which an end user would fill out which
would somehow assign values to mail-merge fields or other variables.  The
.doc file would be mailed to my office.

THEN, in my office, I would like to import the values of  fields into a
record of an existing MS Access database on my local PC.

QUESTIONS

Are mail merge fields a good approach here?
Am I better off using controls which assign the value to VBA variables?
How would I then get the values of these variables back into the Access DB?

I am looking for a quick and clean way to do this. In other words, a CDF
import into Access is OK with me on my end.  I'd prefer to keep the end
user's "form" easy to fill out.

Regards,

Greg

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 06:13:54 GMT
 Word Mail merge field TO MS Access???
Hi Greg,

When using formfields, there is an option to save data only for forms.  You
could get the users to send the forms back to you and then run batch file to
open each and then save it in the above format, Then another batch process
could combine all of the resulting files into one which you could load into
Access.

Please post any response to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may
also be following the thread.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> I would like to create a form in Word which an end user would fill out
which
> would somehow assign values to mail-merge fields or other variables.  The
> .doc file would be mailed to my office.

> THEN, in my office, I would like to import the values of  fields into a
> record of an existing MS Access database on my local PC.

> QUESTIONS

> Are mail merge fields a good approach here?
> Am I better off using controls which assign the value to VBA variables?
> How would I then get the values of these variables back into the Access
DB?

> I am looking for a quick and clean way to do this. In other words, a CDF
> import into Access is OK with me on my end.  I'd prefer to keep the end
> user's "form" easy to fill out.

> Regards,

> Greg

Sat, 01 Jan 2005 18:58:59 GMT

1. mail-merge MS Word and MS Access via ASP

2. Formatting Merge Fields in Word Mail Merge

3. Mail Merge: MS-Word/Access

4. mail merge coding with MS access in word

5. Word Mail Merge Err - Word could not merge...

6. From VB6, call a MS WORD Mail-Merge feature

7. VB to MS Word Mail merge functionallity

8. Mail merge to Ms Word

9. MS Word 97 Mail Merge with Oracle Datasource?

10. SLOW MS Word Mail Merge with VB5

11. Mail Merge in MS Word?

12. MS-Word mail merge