Run Time Error 429 - DAO?
Author Message
 Run Time Error 429 - DAO?

In attempting to login to an Access '97 Database on our company server I got
the following Run Time Error:

        Run-time error 429:
        ActiveX component can't create object

I have traced this to a line of code in the Switchboard Form On-Load Event
Procedure.

I noted that there was a missing reference to the DAO 2.5/3.5 Compatability
Library (References Dialog Box). The path was incorrect and I fixed it so
that it now points to the "dao2535.tlb" file.

I then compiled & saved the module and tried to login again but still got
the same error.

Anyone else had and resolved this problem? Help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,
Martin

Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Run Time Error 429 - DAO?
You may still have a references problem.

Do you have a reference to utility.mda in your references? I *think* you
might need this addin for the switchboard stuff to wortk properly. Not sure.

If you have an activex control (like a treeview control or a commondialog
control) on a form, and no VBA code references the control or its
properties, then your code will still compile most of the time. However,
once you try to load the form with the control on it, the database may well
give the error you describe.

In this case, the scenario would be that you may have a custom activex
control on your switchboard form. Try adding another instance of the control
to your form (if you can) and this should re-establish the lost reference.

Let me know how you get on,

Dylan.

Quote:
> In attempting to login to an Access '97 Database on our company server I
got
> the following Run Time Error:

>         Run-time error 429:
>         ActiveX component can't create object

> I have traced this to a line of code in the Switchboard Form On-Load Event
> Procedure.

> I noted that there was a missing reference to the DAO 2.5/3.5
Compatability
> Library (References Dialog Box). The path was incorrect and I fixed it so
> that it now points to the "dao2535.tlb" file.

> I then compiled & saved the module and tried to login again but still got
> the same error.

> Anyone else had and resolved this problem? Help greatly appreciated.

> Many thanks in advance,
> Martin

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 11:08:37 GMT
 Run Time Error 429 - DAO?
Hi M.J,

A couple of weeks ago I had a similar problem, it turned out that DAO
wasn't properly registered. I posted a message and I got the following
answer. It did the trick for me.

HTH
Henk

===================

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:12:32 GMT, "Mike Kinasz"

Quote:

>Make sure dao350 is properly registered and it finds all of it's
>dependencies

>Click START, RUN and type in this
>c:\windows\system\regsvr32 c:\progra~1\common~1\micros~1\dao\dao350.dll

>Also do this file

>c:\windows\system\regsvr32 c:\windows\system\msjet35.dll

>If either does not register then use a dependency checker like ShowDep
>(www.showdep.com) to see what files it's depending on and work on getting
>those files.  If both do register then try qualifying your OpenDatabase
>command with DBEngine  [Set DB = DBEngine.OpenDatabase(DatabaseName)]

>Hope that helps a bit,
>Mike

>> A couple of weeks ago, my harddisk crashed, so I had to reinstall
>> everything from scratch, everything being Win 95b, Office 97 SR 2 and
>> VB 5 SP3. When I had it set up I tried to connect to a MDB database
>> with set dbRelation = OpenDatabase( "c:\mydatabases\relations.mdb" )

>> but I get an error 429, ActiveX component can't create object

>> I figured out that this is caused by DAO not being properly installed.

===================
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:58:29 +0100, "M.J.McKendry"

Sun, 09 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Run Time Error 429 - DAO?
Martin,
Check out MS KB article Q185126
HTH

Dave Hodson

Quote:
> In attempting to login to an Access '97 Database on our company server I
got
> the following Run Time Error:

>         Run-time error 429:
>         ActiveX component can't create object

> I have traced this to a line of code in the Switchboard Form On-Load Event
> Procedure.

> I noted that there was a missing reference to the DAO 2.5/3.5
Compatability
> Library (References Dialog Box). The path was incorrect and I fixed it so
> that it now points to the "dao2535.tlb" file.

> I then compiled & saved the module and tried to login again but still got
> the same error.

> Anyone else had and resolved this problem? Help greatly appreciated.

> Many thanks in advance,
> Martin

Thu, 13 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. VB4 and DAO run time error 429

2. Run-Time Error 429

3. Run-time error 429 ActiveX component can't create object

4. Run-time error '429'

5. Run-time error 429

6. run-time error 429

7. Run Time Error 429

8. run-time error 429

9. Run time error #429

10. Run Time Error 429: Active-X component can't create object

11. Run-time error '429'

12. Run-time error '429'