Access keeps freezing!
Author Message
 Access keeps freezing!

I have got a wierd problem, of which I hope someone out there knows.

I have been writing this large database for my company, of which alot of it
is made up of VBA.

The problem is, in one module, i created a procedure ages ago.  Now, i dont
need it, I wanted to erase it - no such luck.

Everytime I highlight the procedure (from Sub..... to End Sub) and press the
delete key, Access locks up, and after a short period returns an application
not responding problem.

I've tried the repair utility, no errors, scandisk, no errors.

I guess it cant hurt sitting there, but it aint alf an annoying.

Answers on a postcard anyone?!?!

Cheers

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Access keeps freezing!

Hi,

What version of Access?  If 95, highly likely that the object is corrupt.
Install all the patches,

http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/MSJTWNG.EXE
http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/VBA232A.EXE

and import all the other projects in a new mdb.  That would be the only
sure-shot way to get rid of it if my assessment is true.

HTH
--
Dev Ashish (Just my $.001)
---------------

Quote:
>I have got a wierd problem, of which I hope someone out there knows.

>I have been writing this large database for my company, of which alot of it
>is made up of VBA.

>The problem is, in one module, i created a procedure ages ago.  Now, i dont
>need it, I wanted to erase it - no such luck.

>Everytime I highlight the procedure (from Sub..... to End Sub) and press
the
>delete key, Access locks up, and after a short period returns an
application
>not responding problem.

>I've tried the repair utility, no errors, scandisk, no errors.

>I guess it cant hurt sitting there, but it aint alf an annoying.

>Answers on a postcard anyone?!?!

>Cheers

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Access keeps freezing!

<< Everytime I highlight the procedure (from Sub..... to End Sub) and
press the
delete key, Access locks up, and after a short period returns an
application
not responding problem. >>

Sounds like your module is hosed. Try opening the database with the
/decompile option:

<path>\msaccess.exe /decompile MyMdb.mdb

If that doesn't do it, create a new mdb and import all other objects
into it, then rebuild your rogue module manually.

HTH

-------
Regards  Stuart

"Time flies like an arrow,
Fruit flies like a banana"

Sun, 01 Oct 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. need some kind of Progress Bar to keep user from thinking upload is frozen

2. Using Find in a Word document from Access freezes Access

3. Closing form freezes Access

4. VB6, ADO2.5 and Access 97 freezes Outlook

5. VB6, ADO2.5 and Access 97 freezes Outlook

6. ODBC and Access Freezes

7. Crystal 4.5: Keep together does not keep together...

8. How to Keep Access Open

9. Access keeps beeping at me.

10. Access 97-Object Version Keeps Prompting For Save

11. Keeping Access Open - System Modal Min/Max

12. Access keeps completing my code!