Help: Edit form does not update database
Author Message
 Help: Edit form does not update database

Hi all,
    I have a straightforward edit form based on a query (dynaset) that will
sometimes not save changes to the database. I open the form, make a change
to one of the fields, close the form, open it again, and the field value
remains unchanged. Also, this problem does not always occur, which makes it
even more baffling. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks a million.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Edit form does not update database
Hi William,

is it possible that you have turned off the Warnings by Code or Options,
or do yo close the form by the option acSaveNo?

HTH

Eric

Quote:

--
Databases live as long as designed, so design them for Live.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Help: Edit form does not update database
Hi Eric,
    I have experimented with both of your suggestions, but alas to no avail.
I am completely baffled!!
Quote:

> Hi William,

> is it possible that you have turned off the Warnings by Code or Options,
> or do yo close the form by the option acSaveNo?

> HTH

> Eric

> > Hi all,
> >     I have a straightforward edit form based on a query (dynaset) that
> will
> > sometimes not save changes to the database. I open the form, make a
> change
> > to one of the fields, close the form, open it again, and the field
> value
> > remains unchanged. Also, this problem does not always occur, which
> makes it
> > even more baffling. Does anyone have any ideas?
> > Thanks a million.

> --
> Databases live as long as designed, so design them for Live.

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help please, can't .edit/.update a JOINed database

2. Database not updated from form

3. not to auto update while doing addnew

4. Deleted recordd do not updated to the DB when reconnecting and doing updatebatch

5. ADO Update the Database with the modify done on a disconnected recordset in background mode

6. Newbie Help: Combo box not validating/updating Access Database

7. not visible text box not updating database

8. updating controls on a form when database is updated

9. Edit and Update not working.

10. Masked Edit Control do not update entered data ...

11. Masked Edit Control do not update entered data ...

12. how i can use the dbgrid with database {edit ,addnew,update or delete the data}