Mailing list output dilemma
Author Message
 Mailing list output dilemma

I am modifying an Access 2000 mailing list database that originally output
mailing labels for all contact records captured in a select query. The
contact record now has a new field indicating mailing preference (email or
fax).

What is the most efficient way to route results from one select query to
multiple output types based on the new email preference field? For records
indicating an email preference, email addresses must go into one single
Outlook 2000 message (multiple addresses in the bcc: field), and for records
with a fax preference, fax numbers must all be written into a single Excel
spreadsheet or comma-delimited text file.

Any general direction on how to best approach this would be most
appreciated. I'm relatively inexperienced in VBA, but thought that might be
the best way to manage the output. Let me know if there are existing web
resources or examples for handling similar scenarios. Thanks!
--V. Shellhammer

Wed, 07 Jan 2004 22:59:37 GMT
 Mailing list output dilemma
Well, I would use multiple processes.  One for email and a second for faxing.
This would be simpler than trying to do two things at once.
Quote:

> I am modifying an Access 2000 mailing list database that originally output
> mailing labels for all contact records captured in a select query. The
> contact record now has a new field indicating mailing preference (email or
> fax).

> What is the most efficient way to route results from one select query to
> multiple output types based on the new email preference field? For records
> indicating an email preference, email addresses must go into one single
> Outlook 2000 message (multiple addresses in the bcc: field), and for records
> with a fax preference, fax numbers must all be written into a single Excel
> spreadsheet or comma-delimited text file.

> Any general direction on how to best approach this would be most
> appreciated. I'm relatively inexperienced in VBA, but thought that might be
> the best way to manage the output. Let me know if there are existing web
> resources or examples for handling similar scenarios. Thanks!
> --V. Shellhammer

Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:09:04 GMT

1. Varying output to mail merge.....

2. Report Output to e-mail

3. Access 8.0--Passing output of mult-select list box to subform

4. Output a List of File Attachment names

5. vbscript to output a folder list to a text file

6. Output Of data to List Box or Array

7. Binary chars in output using Open xxxx For Output As #1

8. Output VBScript to two different output windows

9. How to write output to the Output/Debug window in Visual Studio

10. Program Testers Mailing List.

11. Mailing list

12. MAILING list