TextBox question
Author Message
 TextBox question

On my work I have made some Userforms to use in WD2000, to make a different
letters, fax, and memo's.

In that form I use several TextBox elements, and when the user clicks the ok
commandbutton all the bookmarks on those templates are fill in ok.

But... everytime they fill in the userform, they have to fill in their own
telephone number, fax and email, because that changes al lot.

I try to let also save those text in the TextBoxes to save to a .txt file
on the root and that works also.

What I want is, that the next time the user wants to make a letter or fax,
automatilicy the Textboxes on the Userform will be filled with the text from
the .txt file.
(When I use seperate commandbutton to load those text, it works, but how can
it be automatilicy?)

thanks for help

Dick van 't Veld
Netherlands

Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:10:31 GMT
 TextBox question
Hi{*filter*},

Put the code that you are using on the second Command Button into the
UserForm Initialize event.  Then when the form loads, the text boxes will be
populated with the existing values.

Please post any follow-up or new questions to the Newsgroups so that others
may benefit therefrom or contribute thereto.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> On my work I have made some Userforms to use in WD2000, to make a
different
> letters, fax, and memo's.

> In that form I use several TextBox elements, and when the user clicks the
ok
> commandbutton all the bookmarks on those templates are fill in ok.

> But... everytime they fill in the userform, they have to fill in their own
> telephone number, fax and email, because that changes al lot.

> I try to let also save those text in the TextBoxes to save to a .txt file
> on the root and that works also.

> What I want is, that the next time the user wants to make a letter or fax,
> automatilicy the Textboxes on the Userform will be filled with the text
from
> the .txt file.
> (When I use seperate commandbutton to load those text, it works, but how
can
> it be automatilicy?)

> thanks for help

>{*filter*} van 't Veld
> Netherlands

Wed, 10 Sep 2003 19:29:37 GMT

1. vb.net textbox question

2. Textbox questions

3. textbox question

4. textbox question

5. NewBee VB5 textbox question

6. tough textbox question

7. ..easy textbox question from a newbie

8. Newbie TextBox question

9. Easy Textbox Question ?

10. TextBox Question

11. Textbox question..