Conversion error from Access 2000 to Access 97
Author Message
 Conversion error from Access 2000 to Access 97

I created a DB in Access 2000 including Visual Basic code. I converted it to
Access 97 (convert to a previous version). When the users of access 97
execute it, it produces an error "the expression contains a control name or
expression that BDXX can't  understand" (more or less, it's Access 97
spanish version).
If they open the db with the shift key pressed, and repair and compact the
db, it runs correctly, but only once. Next time they execute it the problem
is reproduced again.

I can't reproduce this error in my computer because it has Access 2000
installed too. Do you know what's the matter with my db?

Thank you in advance

Sun, 13 Nov 2005 18:04:59 GMT
 Conversion error from Access 2000 to Access 97
ME,

Quote:
>I created a DB in Access 2000 including visual basic code. I converted it to
>Access 97 (convert to a previous version). When the users of access 97
>execute it, it produces an error "the expression contains a control name or
>expression that BDXX can't  understand" (more or less, it's Access 97
>spanish version).
>If they open the db with the shift key pressed, and repair and compact the
>db, it runs correctly, but only once. Next time they execute it the problem
>is reproduced again.

>I can't reproduce this error in my computer because it has Access 2000
>installed too. Do you know what's the matter with my db?

It looks like youtr DB contains some A2000 specific code or
expression, either some property/method, or some specific built in
function.

In order to find out exactly what's wrong, you would need to open the
DB on a machine with A97, then open a module and try to compile all
modules. The compiler will then probably show you the code line(s)
causing trouble.

Please note: In A97 there are more commands for compiling, be sure to
click "Compile all...", not "Compile loaded modules"!

If the compiler does not error, the problem might be in some
expression used in form/control properties. You should ask the users,
exactly when the error message comes, i.e. after clicking exactly what
command or control?

HTH

Best regards
Emilia

Emilia Maxim
PC-SoftwareService, Stuttgart
http://www.maxim-software-service.de

Fri, 18 Nov 2005 21:42:26 GMT

1. Access 2000 converted to Access 97 report query data type errors

2. Conversion from Access 97 to 2000

3. Access 97 to 2000 Conversion Problem

4. Pb conversion access 97 -2000

5. Access 2000 to 97 conversion

6. Conversion from Access 97 to 2000

7. date problem on Access 97 to 2000 conversion

8. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

9. Convert Access 97 db to Access 2000 db in VB6

10. Transfer of Coding from Access 97 to Access 2000

11. DLL usage - works in Access 97 but not in Access 2000

12. Access 97 VBA modifications not visible in Access 2000