Tips on migration from Access 97 to Access 2002
Author Message
 Tips on migration from Access 97 to Access 2002

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could point out some useful resources on
migration from Access 97 to Access 2002. I have a fairly large and critical
Access FE/BE application and was informed that my organization will soon
upgrade to Office XP. Office 97 will be removed. Naturally, I would like to
read up on this but can't seem to find many relevant articles through MSDN's
search.

I would also appreciate recommendations for books on Access 2002
programming. I'm using the "Access 97 Developer's Handbook" from Sybex,
which I have found very helpful. Is the 2002 version as good?

As always, I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Roy Gunnarsson

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 00:32:58 GMT
 Tips on migration from Access 97 to Access 2002
1. Test the conversion first. (Be sure to test a compiled version that has
no errors.)
The conversion could be as simple as opening both MDB files in 2002.
Be sure to compile after converting and check for errors.
The biggest problem may be ADO is referenced by default and if you don't
need it you can uncheck it and re-reference DAO. (It may not be an issue in
a converted MDB, just all new ones.)

2. The 2002 handbook is 2 books and both are excellent.
--
Joe Fallon
Access MVP

Quote:
> Hello all,

> I was wondering if someone could point out some useful resources on
> migration from Access 97 to Access 2002. I have a fairly large and
critical
> Access FE/BE application and was informed that my organization will soon
> upgrade to Office XP. Office 97 will be removed. Naturally, I would like
> read up on this but can't seem to find many relevant articles through
MSDN's
> search.

> I would also appreciate recommendations for books on Access 2002
> programming. I'm using the "Access 97 Developer's Handbook" from Sybex,
> which I have found very helpful. Is the 2002 version as good?

> As always, I appreciate any comments and suggestions.

> Sincerely,

> Roy Gunnarsson

Wed, 06 Apr 2005 07:23:06 GMT

1. Access 97 upgrade to Access 2000 or Access 2002

2. Converting VB Code from Access 97 to Access 2002 or higher

3. Procedures for Converting an Access 97 MDB to Access 2002

4. Converting Access 2.0 to Access 97/2002

5. Access 97 vs Access 2002 (XP)

6. Access 97 ---> Access 2000 migration

7. Create MDE with Access 97 / 2002 problem

8. Missing Libraries Access 2002 vs. 2000 and 97

9. Access 97 vs 2002 (XP)

10. FoxBase 2.0 Migration to Access 97

11. Word 2002: How to save a file in Word 97 format in Word 2002

12. Access 97: VBA-DAO-Access 97 synchronization problem?