Access not closing down
Author Message
 Access not closing down

Hello,

I have an application that intermittently will not shut
down Access (2000).  It appears that the app closes, but
access does not shut down.  (My Close button event is to
Quit.)

I have to shut down Access via the task manager.

Does anyone know what causes this and how can I fix it?

Thanks
Grant

Thu, 29 Sep 2005 20:14:14 GMT
 Access not closing down
Grant, look here ...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246953

- Jim

Quote:

>Hello,

>I have an application that intermittently will not shut
>down Access (2000).  It appears that the app closes, but
>access does not shut down.  (My Close button event is to
>Quit.)

>I have to shut down Access via the task manager.

>Does anyone know what causes this and how can I fix it?

>Thanks
>Grant

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 02:51:53 GMT
 Access not closing down

Wow.. Thanks...  This has been bugging me..

Quote:
us;246953

>- Jim

>On Sun, 13 Apr 2003 05:14:14 -0700, "Grant" <***********>

>>Hello,

>>I have an application that intermittently will not shut
>>down Access (2000).  It appears that the app closes, but
>>access does not shut down.  (My Close button event is to
>>Quit.)

>>I have to shut down Access via the task manager.

>>Does anyone know what causes this and how can I fix it?

>>Thanks
>>Grant

>.

Fri, 30 Sep 2005 03:02:32 GMT
 Access not closing down
Well, that bug they mention is only one possible cause out of many for the
problem (fwiw).

--
MichKa [MS]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with
no warranties, and confers no rights.

Quote:

> Wow.. Thanks...  This has been bugging me..

Sat, 01 Oct 2005 06:04:10 GMT

1. Automatically closing down Access using code after a Modal window has been closed

2. VB Tasks not closing down in Win98

3. VB will not Close Down

4. Application not closing down after printing reports

5. closing access from code doesn't work, see further down

6. Access 97: Closing down because of code?

7. Continual closing down of Access 97.

8. Access does not close upon opening new instance of Access

9. Drop Down List Box - Drop Down portion does not always disappear after Click event

10. Access Not Shutting down properly

11. Access Application does not close

12. Please help- Problem with Access not closing