Cannot delete rows in SQL attached table
Author Message
 Cannot delete rows in SQL attached table

I am just starting to upsize my application to SQL,
I have attached a table to my A97 database (same applies to A2000)
I open my attached table
but the delete record is grayed out

How can I delete a record from Access front end?
I have checked the permission for the SQL table and everything seems fine

Should I do anything different when I attach the table?

--
Moiz

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:40:36 GMT
 Cannot delete rows in SQL attached table
You need to have a primary key for each table.

(david)

Quote:

> I am just starting to upsize my application to SQL,
> I have attached a table to my A97 database (same applies to A2000)
> I open my attached table
> but the delete record is grayed out

> How can I delete a record from Access front end?
> I have checked the permission for the SQL table and everything seems fine

> Should I do anything different when I attach the table?

> --
> Moiz

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:32:09 GMT
 Cannot delete rows in SQL attached table
Yes, that made the trick, thanks

Quote:
> You need to have a primary key for each table.

> (david)

Quote:
> > I am just starting to upsize my application to SQL,
> > I have attached a table to my A97 database (same applies to A2000)
> > I open my attached table
> > but the delete record is grayed out

> > How can I delete a record from Access front end?
> > I have checked the permission for the SQL table and everything seems
fine

> > Should I do anything different when I attach the table?

> > --
> > Moiz

Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:59:44 GMT

1. Cannot add record to Visual Foxpro table after deleting all records in table

2. Attached table and not attached table

3. Cannot Delete a row in a datagrid

4. Deleting an index from an attached table

5. Deleting attached table

6. Access 2000 VBA/SQL - cannot create pseudo-index on linked SQL Server table

7. Db Grid cannot insert rows when table is empty

8. Cannot Delete Records in a Joined Table

9. cannot delete record from external table (.dbf file)..

10. cannot delete an Access table using vb

11. Deleting Rows in a Table

12. Deleting Rows in a Table