Printing multiple labels for a record - Mark Findlay
Author Message
 Printing multiple labels for a record - Mark Findlay

Requirement
Can anyone help me set up this requirement for a plant database?

A database of plants.

The main requirement is the printing of labels for plants, containing basic
info like name, latin name, care and so-on. The main difficulty is that I
need to print multiple identical labels for each plant. The number of
labels per plant should be equal to a number stored on each plant record.
This number may vary from year to year, according to how many of each plant
type grown.

Can this be done without Visual Basic code?

If not, can someone supply example code to do this? I do not know how to
read a database using VB for Access and then output successive sections of
a report. The way I would do this using NATURAL (a programming language
that I do know) is as follows (somewhat simplified from the logic required
for IBM mainframes, as you would have to set up the report format
differently):

(Data definitions omitted)

READ PLANT-VIEW
        FOR INDEX = 1 TO PLANT-VIEW.NUMBER-OF-PLANTS
                PRINT     PLANT-VIEW.PLANT-NAME
                        / PLANT-VIEW.LATIN-NAME
                        / PLANT-VIEW.TYPE
                        / PLANT-VIEW.CARE
        END-FOR
END-READ
END

Currently, no selection is required, but in the future I may want to
introduce this.

The labels are on A4 sheets, 24 per sheet; 8mm top/bottom margins, no l/r
margin, 35mm in height, 70mm in width.

Thank you for your attention,

Mark Findlay (London, England)

Wed, 24 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. print multiple labels in varying amount

2. Creating Mailing Labels - How to print single lable multiple times on same page

3. printing multiple labels from prt quantity

4. Label Report: Print Detail Line X Multiple Times

5. Print Multiple Labels ?

6. Can you print more than one label for a database record

7. How to print records on labels?

8. How do I mark/slash a label?

9. printing the same record multiple times in Crystal Reports

10. printing multiple records vertically

11. Printing an invoice with multiple detail records.

12. HOW DO I PRINT MULTIPLE RECORDS?