Problem communicating with OLE server
Author Message
 Problem communicating with OLE server

Hi I have a form in Access 97, which I inserted an Microsoft Graph 97 Chart
into. This works fine in my program but after I have given this to the
client they sometimes get an error message: "Microsoft Access. A problem
occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE Server. Close
the OLE server and restart it outside Microsoft Access. Then try the
original operation again in Access".

I believe this occurs when they select a graph from a combobox and the
choice is used to update the chart with the new graph (data points taken
from a table).

Basically I have never had this error occur and I am wondering where to
start to look? Is it a system problem? windows NT, windows 98?? Problem with
Access 97?? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Bradley

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem communicating with OLE server
Hi Bradley,
Maybe the following articles would help you: "Q134863: How to Reregister
Shared Programs in Office 95 & 97":
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q134/8/63.asp

and "Q169071: How to Register Graph 97 for Windows"
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q169/0/71.asp

Good luck.
--
Joao Rodrigues (JR)
Brasilia - DF - Brazil

Hi I have a form in Access 97, which I inserted an Microsoft Graph 97 Chart
into. This works fine in my program but after I have given this to the
client they sometimes get an error message: "Microsoft Access. A problem
occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE Server. Close
the OLE server and restart it outside Microsoft Access. Then try the
original operation again in Access".

I believe this occurs when they select a graph from a combobox and the
choice is used to update the chart with the new graph (data points taken
from a table).

Basically I have never had this error occur and I am wondering where to
start to look? Is it a system problem? windows NT, windows 98?? Problem with
Access 97?? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Bradley

Mon, 26 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. problem communicating with OLE server?

2. problem communicating w/the OLE Server?

3. Access Can Not Communicate With Word OLE Server

4. Problems starting vb5ee -- it keeps trying to communicate with SQL Server

5. Problems starting vb5ee -- it keeps to communicate to SQL Server

6. OLE server problem?

7. connection with OLE server or ActiveX Control problem

8. ole server problem in access 2k

9. ACC97-OLE objects-Server change-Problem part II

10. ACC97-OLE objects-Server change-Problem

11. Problem with OLE server

12. Access 2000 (a2k), Project98 and possible OLE Server problem