Word97 -> Access97
Author Message
 Word97 -> Access97

Hi

Can anyone point me in the right direction to update an
Access table from within Word?

What I am trying to do is:

Generate a document name by looking up last name used in
an Access table

Having saved the document, populate the Access table with
Document Name, Subject etc

Thanks in advance

Ken Reay

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:24:20 GMT
 Word97 -> Access97
Hi Ken,

See:
"Access a database and insert into a Word document the data that you find there"
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/InterDev/GetDataFromDB.htm

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> Hi

> Can anyone point me in the right direction to update an
> Access table from within Word?

> What I am trying to do is:

> Generate a document name by looking up last name used in
> an Access table

> Having saved the document, populate the Access table with
> Document Name, Subject etc

> Thanks in advance

> Ken Reay

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 19:36:37 GMT
 Word97 -> Access97
Hi Ken,

I answered your question only two hours ago. What is wrong with the method described in this URL?
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/InterDev/GetDataFromDB.htm

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> Hi

> Can anyone point me in the right direction with the
> following.

> I want to populate an Access Database Table with Documnet
> name, Subject etc, from within Word
> So I think I need to initiate the Access Application
> Make a record set based on an Access Table
> Populate the table with a row containing Document Name,
> Subject etc

> Thanks in advance for any help

>  Regards

> Ken Reay

Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:53:44 GMT

1. Word97 -> Access97

2. Access97->Word97 merge, buffer overflow?

3. connecting Word97 <----> Access97

4. Word97 document -> Access97 records

5. Closing Word97 from Access97

6. Pulling Access97 data into Word97 variables

7. Editing an Access97 field value from Word97

8. Access97-Word97 Mail Merge

9. Access97/Word97/data exchange HELP!!!

10. Access97/Word97 MailMerge

11. Linking Access97 and Word97

12. passing values between Word97 and Access97