Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key
Author Message
 Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key

I have written a .hlp file that I would like to be able to use when ever
the user presses the F1 key while the app is running.

The app is based in Access-97 running on Win95.

Any hints would be great.

Thanks

Mike Whitaker

Sat, 24 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key

Each form has properties named, HelpFile and HelpContextID. Set Helpfile to
the name of your helpfile and the HelpContextID to the context ID of the
topic that you want to display when the helpfile is pulled up.  If you don't
store the full path name of your help file in the property, HelpFile, then
put your help file in the same directory as the mdb.

HTH

Jon Price

Quote:
>I have written a .hlp file that I would like to be able to use when ever
>the user presses the F1 key while the app is running.

>The app is based in Access-97 running on Win95.

>Any hints would be great.

>Thanks

>Mike Whitaker

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Showing custom Help by pressing the F1 key

I haven't done it v7 but in v2 you just enter the name of the help file and
the help topic in the properties of  each control for which there is help.
If you leave the topic blank you should get the main help screen from which
the user can select help.

Sun, 25 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Press F1 key while drop-down menu item highlighted, drop-down menu stays on top

2. Disabling the Help window popping up after pressing F1

3. Help file not accessed when pressing F1

4. Linking F1 To Custom Help File In Word Form

5. Linking F1 To Custom Help File In Word Form

6. F1 not show OnLine Help

7. Easy - Displaying help NOT via F1 key - How?

8. Help context ID and F1 key

9. Help on F1 key

10. Help on F1 key

11. F1 key access to HTML help