VB in Word & Excel...
Author Message
 VB in Word & Excel...

Hi - Silly question, but in Office2000, do Word2000 & Excel2000 use the same
version VB ?

- What I'm after is a "chunk" of macro code, to read a string from the
registry
I would also like this one piece of code to work equally well as a Word or
Excel macro

thanks in advance...

Tom

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 VB in Word & Excel...
They all use the same VBA Engine. Use the GetSetting function to read from
the registry:

sValue = GetSetting(AppName, Section, Key, DefaultValue)

Quote:
> Hi - Silly question, but in Office2000, do Word2000 & Excel2000 use the
same
> version VB ?

> - What I'm after is a "chunk" of macro code, to read a string from the
> registry
> I would also like this one piece of code to work equally well as a Word or
> Excel macro

> thanks in advance...

> Tom

Sat, 09 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP - VB using Excel & Word

2. Excel && VB

3. Excel export & create Word document

4. Excel & Word Interoperability

5. Excel & Word Interoperability

6. XP word & excel very slow

7. Running a word Macro & an excel macro

8. Back to back Excel & Word VBA macros

9. Excel OLE & Word OLE Viewing Question

10. Translating Word & Excel into Access or Oracle

11. How do I switch between Excel & Word

12. Help: using word & excel object