Adding a second Exchange mailbox to a MAPI profile in VB code
Author Message
 Adding a second Exchange mailbox to a MAPI profile in VB code

Hi,

    Does anyone know how to add a second Exchange mailbox to an Outlook MAPI
profile in VB?  The code would accomplish the same steps as Outlook's Tools
| Services | Microsoft Exchange Server | Properties | Advanced | Add | <type
in the mailbox name> in the dialog box.
    I tried the AddStore NameSpace method but it added "Personal Folders".

Thanks,

Scott

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:50:33 GMT
 Adding a second Exchange mailbox to a MAPI profile in VB code
Can't be done in VB at all, AFAIK. Should be possible with C++ or Delphi and Extended MAPI, but Dmitry is the MAPI expert here.

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi,

>     Does anyone know how to add a second Exchange mailbox to an Outlook MAPI
> profile in VB?  The code would accomplish the same steps as Outlook's Tools
> | Services | Microsoft Exchange Server | Properties | Advanced | Add | <type
> in the mailbox name> in the dialog box.
>     I tried the AddStore NameSpace method but it added "Personal Folders".

> Thanks,

> Scott

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 04:59:12 GMT
 Adding a second Exchange mailbox to a MAPI profile in VB code
Would be fairly easy to do using Extended MAPI, but VB cannot access it.

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/
OutlookSpy  - Outlook, CDO
and MAPI Developer Tool

Can't be done in VB at all, AFAIK. Should be possible with C++ or Delphi and
Extended MAPI, but Dmitry is the MAPI expert here.

--

Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
     Teach Yourself Microsoft Outlook 2000 Programming in 24 Hours
     Microsoft Outlook 2000 E-mail and Fax Guide

> Hi,

>     Does anyone know how to add a second Exchange mailbox to an Outlook MAPI
> profile in VB?  The code would accomplish the same steps as Outlook's Tools
> | Services | Microsoft Exchange Server | Properties | Advanced | Add | <type
> in the mailbox name> in the dialog box.
>     I tried the AddStore NameSpace method but it added "Personal Folders".

> Thanks,

> Scott

Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:42:04 GMT

1. Mapi problem using multiple mailboxes/profiles..

2. Mapi Problem using multiple mailboxes/profiles..

3. MAPI and Exchange Profile

4. MAPI: Specifying Profile for Exchange

5. MAPI/Exchange/Default Profile

6. Problem with MAPI controls, Exchange Profile requested

7. MAPI and exchange--choose profile?

8. Creating a MAPI/Exchange profile

9. Need a vb function to import every mail out of an mailbox in exchange

10. VB Sample to create Exchange Mailboxes over LDAP

11. How to backup exchange mailboxes using VB(A)

12. Access Exchange mailbox via VB.NET?