Launching an Access2.0 database from Access95
Author Message
 Launching an Access2.0 database from Access95

Is it possible to launch an Access2.0 db from Access95?  I tried the
following code, but it launches another instance of Access95.
Dim ac As Access.Application
Set ac = CreateObject("Access.Application")
ac.Visible = True
I know I could Shell out to launch it, but I would like it to be invisible
to the user.  Am I missing a reference? I need to launch 2.0 so I can
execute a MAPI routine using MS Mail 3.5, not Exchange or Outlook.

in this newsgroup. Thanks!

Sat, 27 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Launching an Access2.0 database from Access95

Ed,

You will need to use the Shell() function with a "windowstyle" of 6 which
will start the application minimized with no focus.

   Good Luck,
     Phil Singer

Quote:
>Is it possible to launch an Access2.0 db from Access95?  I tried the
>following code, but it launches another instance of Access95.
>Dim ac As Access.Application
>Set ac = CreateObject("Access.Application")
>ac.Visible = True
>I know I could Shell out to launch it, but I would like it to be invisible
>to the user.  Am I missing a reference? I need to launch 2.0 so I can
>execute a MAPI routine using MS Mail 3.5, not Exchange or Outlook.

>in this newsgroup. Thanks!

Sat, 27 May 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Pass variables from Vb4 to Access2 or Access95

2. Access97 reading read-only Access95 databases

3. Inserting Records in Access95 database through VB5.....

4. Read Access95 Database with VB16/32

5. Compacting Access95 Password protected Database with VB4???????

6. Help with Database for Access95

7. Access97 reading read-only Access95 databases

8. Upgrading Access95 database to Access97

9. : Reading Access95 Database with Password thru VB4.0 code

10. OPEN AN Access95 DATABASE FROM VB4.0

11. Launching a database exlusively from another database

12. Converting Access2.0 database to Access2000 using VB