Rapidly Expanding Database....
Author Message
 Rapidly Expanding Database....

Hi --

I have just converted an Access 2.0 database to Access97. Although
everything seems to be working fine, the filespace required by the database
expands rapidly whenever it's used.

Before I converted the database, it required 25Meg. After I converted and
compacted it, it required 14Meg. Now, after about 4 hours of use by multiple
users, it's taking up 150Meg!

I saw this happen multiple times when I was working on the conversion, and I
know that if I compact it, it will go back down to 14Meg. However,
compacting is a pain, as I have to make everyone else log out. But I fear
now that if I don't compact every single day, my database will soon fill the
known universe!

--
Vickie Chapman
Fluke Corporation

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Rapidly Expanding Database....
I ran into the same problem.  I purchased Access Agent from FMS which allows
you to schedule compacting during off hours.  It works great.

Wayne

Quote:

>Hi --

>I have just converted an Access 2.0 database to Access97. Although
>everything seems to be working fine, the filespace required by the database
>expands rapidly whenever it's used.

>Before I converted the database, it required 25Meg. After I converted and
>compacted it, it required 14Meg. Now, after about 4 hours of use by
multiple
>users, it's taking up 150Meg!

>I saw this happen multiple times when I was working on the conversion, and
>know that if I compact it, it will go back down to 14Meg. However,
>compacting is a pain, as I have to make everyone else log out. But I fear
>now that if I don't compact every single day, my database will soon fill
the
>known universe!

>--
>Vickie Chapman
>Fluke Corporation

Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rapidly growing Access database

2. Expand TreeView not actually expanding

3. Expand timephased data in a database

4. Eliminating flicker in rapidly updated label

5. GDI resources going away rapidly.....

6. **when running report,it'll rapidly come and go**

7. Using querydefs in VB5 on Access 97 (Jet 3.5) - database grows rapidly?

8. Subdata sheet - How do I expand with a macro command of VB

9. Expanding a variable or referencing a field within variable

10. Expanding Acc2K Subdatasheet

11. Expanding Access File - Need Help

12. Expanding Access File - Correction