New User - Need Help
Author Message
 New User - Need Help

All of a sudden, the Click Event does not seem to respond (I've set a
break-point) - I've looked for a Form level property that I might have
accidently turned off, but no luck.

Created new DB and it works fine ...

Any ideas, most appreciated ... Thx to anyone who has the time to help ...
Chuck

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New User - Need Help
don't know if this helps, but 2 possibilities:

1) you changed the name of the command button and forgot to move the old code
to the new event stub
2) the file became corrupted (sometimes Access gives this long, useless error
message: "the click event did not respond for the following reasons...blah
blah" this usually indicates file corruption or an Access bug (not sure
which). This would explain why it works in a different database for you.

--John

Quote:

> All of a sudden, the Click Event does not seem to respond (I've set a
> break-point) - I've looked for a Form level property that I might have
> accidently turned off, but no luck.

> Created new DB and it works fine ...

> Any ideas, most appreciated ... Thx to anyone who has the time to help ...
> Chuck

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New User - Need Help
P.S.

This may not do anything, but you could try compacting or repairing the
database (under "Tools"). But be sure to save a separate copy of the db before
you do this (Access should ask you if you want to create a separate copy when
you try to compact)

John

Quote:

> All of a sudden, the Click Event does not seem to respond (I've set a
> break-point) - I've looked for a Form level property that I might have
> accidently turned off, but no luck.

> Created new DB and it works fine ...

> Any ideas, most appreciated ... Thx to anyone who has the time to help ...
> Chuck

Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 New User - Need Help
One other that seems kind of redundant, probably what JW was talking about,
look at the events of the button in properties and make sure that the
button's click event is using your code. Everytime I have that problem, it
is becuase I messed stuff up and there is nothing in the event property box.

Quote:

> P.S.

> This may not do anything, but you could try compacting or repairing the
> database (under "Tools"). But be sure to save a separate copy of the db
before
> you do this (Access should ask you if you want to create a separate copy
when
> you try to compact)

> John

> > All of a sudden, the Click Event does not seem to respond (I've set a
> > break-point) - I've looked for a Form level property that I might have
> > accidently turned off, but no luck.

> > Created new DB and it works fine ...

> > Any ideas, most appreciated ... Thx to anyone who has the time to help
> > Chuck

Sat, 17 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. New user needs help with attached tables

2. new user needs help

3. New User Needs Help

4. New User Needs Help Quickly..Please

5. *New User NEEDS help!*

6. New User Need Help

7. New user needs help!

8. I need help with a datediff problem ( a fairly new user who needs help)

9. Help needed by new user

10. New PB31 user needs help

11. New VB User Needs Help

12. Help needed by vbdb new user