Error 3423 - Cannot use ODBC to import from, export to, or link an external Acce
Author Message
 Error 3423 - Cannot use ODBC to import from, export to, or link an external Acce

Hello:

I am trying to connect to a MS ACCESS 2000 DB using
ODBC... since the JET DB connectivity using link tables is
very slow (in the hope that ODBC connection may be
performance optimized).

I get the following error:

             You cannot use ODBC to import from,
             export to, or link an external Microsoft
             Jet or ISAM database table to your database.
             (Error 3423)

Any suggestions on how to avoid this error or other
connectivity options?

Thank you in anticipation,
-Neil

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:52:03 GMT
 Error 3423 - Cannot use ODBC to import from, export to, or link an external Acce
Neil,

If you're using the linked tables in any type of queries,
yes, it can be painfully slow.  What I've done to get
around this is to create a table(s) based on the linked
table - do a create table query - and then use that native
access table in subsequent queries.  You can then refresh
the tables as needed (just run the create table queries) -
probably have a separate subroutine for this.

Hope this helps.

Jen

Quote:

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 04:07:29 GMT

1. Error 3423: Cannot use ODBC...

2. ODBC Errors 3151 and 3423 when using OpenDatabase() with a File DSN

3. Error 3423 on open an ODBC conection

4. Import/Export to Acce 2/2

5. Import/Export to Acce 1/2

6. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

7. Error 3131 Syntax error in FROM clause - using SQL accessing external ODBC problem

8. Runtime error '3423':

9. Why Error 3423?

10. Error 3423 in VisData

11. Importing ODBC Data into external Database

12. Strange ODBC errors using DAO to access linked tables