Q: How can I format the MsgBox text?
Author Message
 Q: How can I format the MsgBox text?

Hi
If I call the msgbox function from a macro, I can enter the text like

The first line is bold, the second and third normal sized text but spaced
out.

Unfortunately I want more than just the OK button, and so am using VBA to
call the msgbox function.

Is it possible to format the message in a msg box when calling it from VBA?
I notice that the default msg boxes popped up by Access when executing
action queries have YES and NO buttons, and are formatted how I want them,
so am I correct in assuming that it can be done?

thanks in advance

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:01:27 GMT
 Q: How can I format the MsgBox text?

Quote:
> Hi
> If I call the msgbox function from a macro, I can enter the text like

> The first line is bold, the second and third normal sized text but
> spaced out.

> Unfortunately I want more than just the OK button, and so am using
> VBA to call the msgbox function.

> Is it possible to format the message in a msg box when calling it
> from VBA? I notice that the default msg boxes popped up by Access
> when executing action queries have YES and NO buttons, and are
> formatted how I want them, so am I correct in assuming that it can be
> done?

> thanks in advance

That functionality existed in Access 97 and was removed in Access 2000,
but you can get it back.  This link shows you how:

    http://www.mvps.org/access/bugs/bugs0035.htm

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:54:29 GMT

1. Formatting text in a MsgBox

2. Formatting texts in the MsgBox() <-- Possible?

3. Formatting texts in the MsgBox() <-- Possible?

4. Outputting Text of a MSGBOX to a text file

5. Modifying Text Format in use without changing text in entire text box

6. formatting msgbox

7. Access 2000: MsgBox formatting with @

8. Getting back the formatted MsgBox in Access 2000 that worked in Access 97

9. MsgBox in A97 interprets "@" as formatting

10. Macro - Format Text / Save As HTML / Format Source

11. MsgBox Formatting

12. Binary format to text format form conversion