dll functions without declare statement (XLL for Access)?
Author Message
 dll functions without declare statement (XLL for Access)?

Hi,

is there a way to register/declare dll functions in MSAccess without
using a declare statement (similar to an excel XLL, direct loadable via
open dialog). OCX doesn't seem to work as far the functions are not
window related (at least as far I understand the OCX constraints in
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

rgds
toralf

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:03:24 GMT
 dll functions without declare statement (XLL for Access)?
There is not such a thing for Access, at least not easily. You can slide
over to VB-land and pick up Matt Curland's book, many of the techniques in
it can help you here if you are {*filter*} about things.

--
MichKa

Michael Kaplan
(principal developer of the MSLU)
Trigeminal Software, Inc.  -- http://www.*-*-*.com/
the book -- http://www.*-*-*.com/

Quote:
> Hi,

> is there a way to register/declare dll functions in MSAccess without
> using a declare statement (similar to an excel XLL, direct loadable via
> open dialog). OCX doesn't seem to work as far the functions are not
> window related (at least as far I understand the OCX constraints in
> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

> rgds
> toralf

Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:13:42 GMT

1. Calling A C++ DLL from VB without having Declare Statements

2. Using DLL's and Declare Function statements

3. setting dll name in function declare statement

4. Calling a DLL function without declaring it first

5. Declare Function Statement "Alias" question

6. get API function declare statement

7. How to change a DLL name within a declare statement of compiled control

8. Is it possible to change a DLL name within a DECLARE statement of a COMPILED control

9. How to Create a Dll which can be called by the Declare Statement

10. ActiveX dll and Declare Statements ??????

11. How can you change a DLL string name within a Declare statement of a compiled control

12. unable to get vb5.0 to accept the print engine declare statement for the .dll