Re-Indexing a PK field
Author Message
 Re-Indexing a PK field

Under dBase and FoxPro you used to be able to re-index a primary key
field.

How can you do this under Access 97 and Access 2000?

TIA

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 04:04:37 GMT
 Re-Indexing a PK field
"Marilyn Hart"

Quote:

>Under dBase and FoxPro you used to be able to re-index a primary key
>field.

>How can you do this under Access 97 and Access 2000?

AFAIK, there is no need to do that.  I suppose that if an
index becomes corrupted, a Repair might be able to
reconstruct it, but you'd probably have other issues to deal
with too.

Maybe I don't know what you mean by "re-index a primary
key".  The only other meaning I can think of is to renumber
a sequential numeric (autonumber?) index.  To that I
say: Don't even think about it.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Sat, 09 Jul 2005 05:07:45 GMT

1. How to retrive PK fields and Foreign Fields in Oracle DB

2. DAO - Fill in foreign key with correct PK index from a string-data table

3. finding index and pk columns via ADOX

4. remove index from field or delete a indexed field

5. Adding Field to Access db - need to make indexed property of field No Duplicates

6. Numeric Index of RS.field from field name?

7. Too many indexes - Wierd hidden indexes preventing index add

8. Reindexing not necessary in VB?

9. reindexing/packing FoxPro databases in VB4

10. ERRRRR...Reindexing Foxpro DBF in VB

11. Reindexing, compacting and repairing Access Database

12. packing/reindexing foxpro 2.6 from vb