Unrecognized string functions
Author Message
 Unrecognized string functions

I'm having a problem with string functions; Right$, Trim$, Error$, etc. in
an Access application. When it is running on a stand alone machine there is
no problem. The client's system is a Novell network and MS Office is
installed on the server rather than on the local machine. With this setup,
Access/VBA does not recognize the standard string functions. The functions
are not recognized in VBA code or when imbedded in a query.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Unrecognized string functions

Hi,

Here's something I wrote. Hope it may help...
(Q) My Access 97 database runs fine on some pcs, but on one particular
machine, I keep getting errors like "Undefined Function" or "Function not
available in query expressions".  Upon hitting Debug,  one of the following
functions are highlighted:
Left$, Right$, Mid$, Instr, Trim, Str  (etc)
  What's causing this error to happen on individual machines?
(A) This is a common problem that users might face whenever they upgrade
from Office 95 to Office 97.  Sometimes,  Access loses references to
libraries containing the definitions to above and other functions, giving
you the error message.  Follow these steps to fix the error:
- Open a code module (any module, even a new one)
- Select Tools from the menu bar
- Select References.
- Uncheck any references that have the word 'Missing' tagged with themselves
(most usually utility.mda).
- Select Compile and Save all modules.

HTH

--
Just my $.001
Dev Ashish

:
:Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
:
:Thank you,
:
:Mark

Tue, 25 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Unrecognized functions at run-time, please help

2. How can I replace an arbitrary character in a string (String functions in general)

3. Executing Function using String Containing Function Name

4. Function call via string parameter in other function ?

5. How to invoke function when function name is in a string

6. String extract functions, left,right.mid don't work

7. Passing Functions using Strings

8. Function for text string

9. Making a String From A Table A Function Call

10. Question about VBA: something about String() function.

11. Access97: User defined variant function treated as string in query

12. How to use a string to call functions