Finding the maximum values in a series
Author Message
 Finding the maximum values in a series

Hi all. There is a function in Excel (though I'll be hanged if I can
remember its name!) to extract the maximun values out of a series eg
1,3,1,2,4,3,5 would return 3, 4 & 5.  Anyone done something similar in VBA?

Thanks

Fionnbarr

Sat, 24 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Finding the maximum values in a series

Quote:
>Subject: Finding the maximum values in a series

>Date: 3/7/00 4:30 PM Central Standard Time

>Hi all. There is a function in Excel (though I'll be hanged if I can
>remember its name!) to extract the maximun values out of a series eg
>1,3,1,2,4,3,5 would return 3, 4 & 5.  Anyone done something similar in VBA?

>Thanks

>Fionnbarr

Max() returns the largest; Large(,n) returns the n-th largest.
HTH,
Merjet

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Finding the maximum values in a series
Large?
What access version is that?

--
Regards,
Bas Cost Budde, Holland

Quote:

>>Subject: Finding the maximum values in a series

>>Date: 3/7/00 4:30 PM Central Standard Time

>>Hi all. There is a function in Excel (though I'll be hanged if I can
>>remember its name!) to extract the maximun values out of a series eg
>>1,3,1,2,4,3,5 would return 3, 4 & 5.  Anyone done something similar in
VBA?

>>Thanks

>>Fionnbarr

>Max() returns the largest; Large(,n) returns the n-th largest.
>HTH,
>Merjet

Sun, 25 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. HELP: 2DXY graph values plotting problems (various series)

2. writing a series of check box values to a txt file

3. HELP: 2DXY graph values plotting problems (various series)

4. Excell VBA: Assigning values to .XValues property of Series object

5. maximum value in recordset

6. DataGrid - Autosizing columns to width of maximum value

7. Maximum Value of a counter?

8. Displaying the Maximum and Minimum value

9. SQL - Query to get a maximum value

10. SQL - maximum value is stil not working

11. Maximum Values Query

12. Getting maximum value from array