Exchange folder clashes with personal folder
Author Message
 Exchange folder clashes with personal folder

I am trying to access shared calendars on an exchange server, but for one
folder the name on the exchange server is the same as the name in my local
address book and the personal address book entry is returned rather then the
exchange server folder. Is there any way that I can locate the exchange
server calendar?

The code I am currently using is as follows:

  Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
  If Not olApp Is Nothing Then
    ' link with outlook was successful
    Set olNameSpace = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI")
    Set olRecipient = olNameSpace.CreateRecipient(calendarName)
    If Not olRecipient.Resolved Then
      ' only resolve name if it has not been automatically resolved
      olRecipient.Resolve
    End If
    If olRecipient.Resolved Then
      If olRecipient.AddressEntry.type = "EX" Then
        Set olCalFolder = olNameSpace.GetSharedDefaultFolder( _
                               olRecipient, olFolderCalendar)
      End If
    End If
  End If
  If olCalFolder Is Nothing Then
    MsgBox "Exchange calendar not found"
  End If

Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:12:35 GMT

1. Unread Items in Public Folders like in personal Folders

2. Creating folders under Personal Folders

3. folder in a folder in a folder...

4. Build XML of folders, sub folders and files from specified folder

5. Determining if a folder is a local pst folder or a imap (server folder)

6. How to delete folders/files within a folder but not the folder itself

7. Will this code work with Exchange Public Folders, or just Personal Folders?

8. How do I display a non default folder that is a sub folder of Personal Folders?

9. How do I display a non default folder that is a sub folder of Personal Folders?

10. Outlook XP Locks Addressing Personal Folders

11. Large Personal Folder Locking Up

12. file path of personal folders linked to outlook