Need help:menu item to save as query a filter by form
Author Message
 Need help:menu item to save as query a filter by form

If any one can help: here is my problem.  I want to create a menu item
to add to my custom menu bar.  the menu item needs to perform a Save As
Query action on the current form.  this form is in Filter By Form view.
This Save As Query will be the same name always "customer listing".  I
then want to open my report "customer listing report" which is based on
the query "customer listing". All are in the database QAR97rep.mdb.

Any help will be very appreciated.  You can respond here or e-mail me at

Thanks

Roger

Wed, 29 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Need help:menu item to save as query a filter by form

<< If any one can help: here is my problem.  I want to create a menu item
to add to my custom menu bar.  the menu item needs to perform a Save As
Query action on the current form.  this form is in Filter By Form view.
This Save As Query will be the same name always "customer listing".  I
then want to open my report "customer listing report" which is based on
the query "customer listing". All are in the database QAR97rep.mdb. >>

I have a better idea for you. Base your report on the Customers table (ie just
put the name of your table in the report's RecordSource property). After
applying the filter, use the form's filter property in the Where argument of the
OpenReport Method to restrict the recordset to the specified criteria:

DoCmd.OpenReport "customer listing report", , Me.Filter

-------
Regards  Stuart McCall

"Time flies like an arrow,
Fruit flies like a banana"

Thu, 30 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: saving filter as form to existing querry

2. Filter by Form wants to save form!!!!!

3. Saving a filter as a query in back-end database

4. Need help adding/removing a menu item

5. Need help adding menu item to default popup

6. Need help disableing menu item

7. Need help adding menu item to default popup

8. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

9. Adding Menu item to the Mail item menu from an outlook Addin

10. help saving items in combo box items

11. Set default-name for menu-item save

12. Filter the results of a Form (query) to a Report