What's the difference between .Send and .Save
Author Message
 What's the difference between .Send and .Save

I have not found out what the difference is between the .Send and the
.Save methond on a appointment item?
Not sure if this is also available in OL2000, it is in OLXP.

When I do a .Send I get the Outlook anti virus warning. With .Save I
don't get the message but everything else seems to work the same.

So, what's the difference?

Thomas

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 02:30:46 GMT
 What's the difference between .Send and .Save
.Send applies to an AppointmentItem where the MeetingStatus property =
olMeeting (1) which turns the AppointmentItem into a Meeting Request
message. When you call the .Send method of the AppointmentItem, you are
calling a blocked method of the Outlook Object Model.

For an AppointmentItem that acts as a meeting request, the Send event takes
place before the Write event.

--
Randy Byrne, MVP - Outlook
http://www.microeye.com

I have not found out what the difference is between the .Send and the
.Save methond on a appointment item?
Not sure if this is also available in OL2000, it is in OLXP.

When I do a .Send I get the Outlook anti virus warning. With .Save I
don't get the message but everything else seems to work the same.

So, what's the difference?

Thomas

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 05:09:45 GMT

1. Button For 'Save Sent Messages'

2. 'Activedocument.saved = false' after save

3. Compare two files and save differences

4. Daylight Saving Time and computing difference between two dates

5. Dispatched Message And Send Message - Any difference?

6. Automating Email - but .Send doesn't send immediately

7. Outlook(Redemption) Send doesn't send

8. Outbox items aren't send when user press Send button

9. When Sending Doesn't SEND?

10. Overwriting Word's built-in Save with my own Save

11. MAPI message Send method puts message in Outbox but it isn't actually sent

12. what's the difference...(chr(13)) and vbCr